PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Analysis of the Russo/Ukrainian War

Art
04-15-2022, 07:25
This fellow seems to have a good grasp of what's going on less biased by prejudice and propaganda than what you usually get on the news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZUMJ_T1YBI

barretcreek
04-15-2022, 01:30
Doesn't sound as though the Green New Deal is important to Vlad's plan.

Chechen troops towards the end of the video?

dogtag
04-15-2022, 01:41
Like King Pellinor who mislaid his kingdom. King Putin would like to get the empire back - the one Reagan stole.

togor
04-15-2022, 02:45
Interesting how the Ukrainians trusted a single tank in ambush to do its job and set up the barrage.

The speaker's sarcasm was laid on thick enough so that I don't know if he's buying into or ridiculing the "Kyiv-as-feint" argument.

No words publicly uttered by Russians show any regard for the Ukrainian military. Therefore I do not think the Kyiv thrust was a feint.

Actually I think the reverse was true. Knowing the best Ukrainian units and heavy weapons were in the east, launch holding attacks there and strike the capital with a short thrust out of Belarus. Once the attack stalled they had to withdraw quickly given their exposure to the west.

I have a pretty good drone. It's easy to see how these things can revolutionize artillery spotting.

Art
04-15-2022, 03:52
The speaker's sarcasm was laid on thick enough so that I don't know if he's buying into or ridiculing the "Kyiv-as-feint" argument.

I think its safe to say he does not view the thrust on Kyiv as a feint. The defeat of the Russians at the battle of Kyiv was a heavy blow costing, by most estimates, around 10,000 dead Russians and hundreds of wrecked combat vehicles. It freed up Ukrainian forces to move East to counter Russian forces there.

This is now a death match. Its become all or nothing for the Ukrainians and probably the same for the Russians, or at lest Putin. When it comes to killing..."you ain't seen nothing yet."

Corruption has cost the Russians dearly in this war.

Expect the Ukrainians to "fight to the knife."