PDA

View Full Version : What do cooks dream about..

dryheat
05-02-2022, 03:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK9Gcb10czs

The perfect potato pancake. Some peppers, some onion. Ham on egg. Get out of my way.
Ketchups optional.
Ah, that is a lot of cheese.

Major Tom
05-02-2022, 05:52
I love potato pancakes! Mine are thin with crispy edges served with apple sauce or salsa on top. I can eat a lot of them, since being thin (pancakes that is).

Mark in Ottawa
05-07-2022, 11:47
I love potato pancakes! Mine are thin with crispy edges served with apple sauce or salsa on top. I can eat a lot of them, since being thin (pancakes that is).

Have you tried putting sour cream on them? My favorite way to eat them

Johnny P
05-07-2022, 12:13
Only problem with sour cream is you can't tell when it goes bad.

lyman
05-07-2022, 07:22
Only problem with sour cream is you can't tell when it goes bad.

well, a pint container I bought a while ago had blue hair on it when I opened it last week,

and it had never been opened,

fortunately I had some extra, so those cupcakes got baked,

yes, if you are making Gluten Free Cupcakes or Cakes,, and use Bette HAgman's recipe, ,you use Sour Cream and Mayo, , (as well as some dry flours,, )

and they are damn tasty

dogtag
05-08-2022, 04:33
When things go bad like your sour cream or baked beans - you scrape
the top off - underneath is fine (at least it is with baked beans)
Waste not, want not.

I like potato cakes but I prefer fish cakes.

dryheat
05-09-2022, 07:33
Would fish cakes be crab cakes? I've had some that were really good, but don't buy anything from the grocery store freezer.

lyman
05-09-2022, 07:36
Would fish cakes be crab cakes? I've had some that were really good, but don't buy anything from the grocery store freezer.

fish cakes are delicious, as are the ever popular Salmon Cake,

however they are not the same as a Crab Cake, which is many time more better or infinitely gooder

Allen
05-09-2022, 07:39
fish cakes are delicious, as are the ever popular Salmon Cake,

however they are not the same as a Crab Cake, which is many time more better or infinitely gooder

Mo better ?

lyman
05-09-2022, 07:41
Mo better ?

oh yeah, ,mo better,

you know of what I speak

JohnMOhio
06-13-2022, 10:11
Salmon Patties. A can of wild salmon, crushed Italian croutons, 2 eggs, finely cut fresh parsley and scallions. Mix well with the oil from the can. If to dry add extra virgin olive oil. Cook in skillet to brown both sides. Serve as is or add fries, and or fresh salad. Hope you enjoy.

fguffey
06-14-2022, 10:03
My wife asked me about old receipts my mother made, there were 12 of us, my wife was not concerned about pleasing all of us, she wanted to know what I liked. The first request was corn fritters. My wife thought cooking corn fritters sounded simple enough, so she made the mistake of asking how to make corn fritters. The first time she made them was also the last time she made them.

Later, my wife called my mother, my mother could not imagine how something could go so wrong, so she asked my wife to talk her through the procedure. My mother could not believe I told my wife to use Del Monte corn in a can. My mother said the del Monte corn was packed in water. She said when the fritter is dropped into the hot grease the water will becomes super-heated steam and then she added the part about the fritter will have to be scraped off of the walls and ceiling. My mother told my wife the exploding fritter will empty the skillet of hot grease, and that is the reason my wife has not cooked a corn fritter in 53 years. One mistake in all of those years is not bad.

I was in Meridian, Miss. when I stopped at my usual restaurant, that place was one of the few places I could count on when it came to country cooking. I ordered fried green tomatoes. The cook came out of the kitchen and went to the non-smoking area. she informed me there was only one person in the world that she would cook fried green tomatoes for at 9 p/m in the evening. I told her it was worth $5.00 extra to me, and then that wonderful lady said, "And now there are two of you".

When traveling through Meridian I would call ahead, there was a musician/radio personality named Carl Fitzgerald that would meet me at the restaurant if I could manage to get there earlier.

F. Guffey

dryheat
06-14-2022, 11:49
A good story.