PDA

View Full Version : Road service on private hunting lands such as a Ranch?

Griff Murphey
05-03-2022, 11:50
Will AAA come out? Pretty sure USAA road service won?t?.

togor
05-03-2022, 12:40
It's a permission question I would think. Can of worms for road service, especially if remote location.

barretcreek
05-03-2022, 01:43
What kinda ranch doesn't have a tractor to drag you to the pavement?

Griff Murphey
05-07-2022, 05:05
I’m thinking about ordinary road service. I usually get a flat every 2-3 years. My ranchers are getting older. I’m getting older… the other hunters are getting older… nothing like off road recovery needing specialized equipment. Basically just talking convenience and avoiding inconveniencing others.

remus
05-14-2022, 06:58
I'm 77 and got a flat in a pretty non accessable road on a large farm. I changed the tire myself, it just took a long time and I hurt for the next couple of days. just make sure you have a spare and the tools, or don/t go out there alone.

togor
05-17-2022, 02:27
Full size spare at that. Those plastic toys they call spares on all cars and many SUVs do not qualify.

Johnny P
05-19-2022, 11:19
Worse than the donut spare are the run-flats. No spare, no jack, and no where to put one.

dryheat
05-20-2022, 12:23
When I was dating the rich girl (not that young). She had AA or something like it. We had done the stupid thing: hooked up the trailor to the car. And then ran the heater down and sucked all the volts from the truck too. Mercy. We called her service, and SOB, those guys drove out there on a dirt road and fired us up. I hope they made some money at that.
You know, that manufac. don't even put spares on cars these days? Drivers just call someone to come help them.