PDA

View Full Version : What's your Favorite Everyday Pocket Knife

Art
05-22-2022, 05:53
Mine is the Kershaw Leek. It's very slender, very lightweight, is lightening quick to open with one hand, comes very sharp from the factory and stays that way. It has a drop point blade that is useful for a host of tasks from cutting that tough steak to self defense. It is (or was when I bought mine) made in the USA. I own two, a lavender one that travels with me and a teal green one that stays in my office. They do come in more "manly" colors but I'd lose those quickly.

https://kershaw.kaiusa.com/leek.html

These are not cheap but shop around and you can get them for well under the $100.00 price from Kershaw.

So what are your favorites??

lyman
05-22-2022, 06:02
ditto, usually,

I have the plain stainless one,

also have a William Henry with a Carbon Fiber scales, that is extremely light,

years ago I used to carry a #8 Opinel, drilled a hole in the handle and put a leather thong in it,

very handy knife that was extremely easy to sharpen

dryheat
05-23-2022, 01:14
A nice old time pocket knife. I've carried one everyday since I was twelve yrs. old (when I decided I was old enough).
One blade. Light and thin. Even when I was a Boy Scout I didn't like that big fat boy scout knife. If I need tools they are in the truck/camp box.
I like the idea of those quick open knives. When I was a kid, switchblades were thought to be a dangerous as machine guns. I had a swtichblade kind of air rescue knife once that had a hook on it meant to cut shroud lines of parachutes if the guy landed in the water. So they're not that evil.

bruce
05-23-2022, 04:27
Normally a Benchmade Auto-Presidio 5000. On Sundays I normally carry a Benchmade Auto-Benchmite 3500. Positively adore these knives. Today ... waiting on a kidney stone to "pass." Apparently in bladder. About to head out to the office. My Boy Scout (Camillus) Whittler's knife is in my pocket. Sincerely. bruce.

one shot
05-23-2022, 09:39
Never had much use for one but always keep a Bidor Parang close by.

lyman
05-23-2022, 11:32
Normally a Benchmade Auto-Presidio 5000. On Sundays I normally carry a Benchmade Auto-Benchmite 3500. Positively adore these knives. Today ... waiting on a kidney stone to "pass." Apparently in bladder. About to head out to the office. My Boy Scout (Camillus) Whittler's knife is in my pocket. Sincerely. bruce.

Hope that stone passes quick, been there done that more than I care to think about

kj47
05-23-2022, 12:11
camp king

bruce
05-23-2022, 01:46
Re: Kidney stone. I have decided to adopt a new name. I am now ... Rock Star! Tomorrow morning ... X-Rays and then an appt. w/ the urologist. Sincerely. bruce.

Former Cav
05-23-2022, 02:03
this or a variation of it. this has a D2 tool steel blade so it holds and edge real good. Price is cheap for an "automatic"
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Boker-Kalashnikov-Automatic-Knife--17106

lyman
05-23-2022, 02:31
Re: Kidney stone. I have decided to adopt a new name. I am now ... Rock Star! Tomorrow morning ... X-Rays and then an appt. w/ the urologist. Sincerely. bruce.

my uro told me I was a producer, of gravel,

so I call my kidney's gravel pits

jmm03
05-23-2022, 06:50
Benchmade 745 and an old Victorinox commemorative that looks like a german utility knife, (has the essential tool, a corkscrew...) Jim

Art
05-24-2022, 07:47
this or a variation of it. this has a D2 tool steel blade so it holds and edge real good. Price is cheap for an "automatic"
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Boker-Kalashnikov-Automatic-Knife--17106

Nice knife. If I was going to carry a "Switch" it would be something like that.

M1Tommy
05-24-2022, 09:34
Nothing terribly spectacular, I have some version of the CRKT M-16 knife in my back pocket. I recently bought one of their "Razel-GT" critters, just because I wondered about them and AG Russell had them on sale plus a "long time customer appreciation discount". It is chunky but sort of amuses me.
Tommy

Tigre_fish
05-25-2022, 06:21
been carrying a Spyderco Delica with half serrated blade for at least the last 25 years.

Dan in NH
05-25-2022, 08:18
Spyderco Para 2 in my pocket now

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
05-26-2022, 09:59
Mine is a small switchblade knife about 4" long folded. It is all steel construction and very tough. Hit the button and the blade slams locked open. It is a thick, wide blade that holds an edge very well. I mostly use it to turn screws. I bought it at a Mexican flea market. It has no brand name or other identifying marks. I have a dozen or more knives, but this is the one I carry. It is legal here due to its short length.

blackhawknj
05-26-2022, 08:03
In years gone by, a Boy Scout knife, a "Demo Knife" in the Army, nowadays a folding knife-I have 4, and a multitool, usually my 30 year old Leathermans.

dryheat
05-27-2022, 11:45
I fouond this Boy Scout knife in the woods many yeawrs ago. I doubt they let kids carry knives these days.

jjrothWA
06-02-2022, 05:35
After they get a "Tote-&-Chip" card.

togor
06-02-2022, 07:14
Victorinox Swiss Army knife. Gift 20+ years ago from my late nephew.