PDA

View Full Version : New S & W EZ Shield 9MM

kj47
07-09-2022, 01:34
Just got this new pistol to replace my Ruger SR40. Could no longer rack the slide due to artheritis in my hand. S & W slide easy to rack, put 4 mags thru it no issues so far. Mags are 8 shot plus one. Hits to POA, Hated to give up on the Ruger but you do what you have to do.

dryheat
07-09-2022, 09:36
I've owned little pistols that I could hardly crank back and that's when I was younger. There's small and tight and there's big and loose. The night stand pistol is a South American Star in 9mm. Looks about like a 1911. Very easy to rack back.

RED
07-11-2022, 02:18
I've owned little pistols that I could hardly crank back and that's when I was younger. There's small and tight and there's big and loose. The night stand pistol is a South American Star in 9mm. Looks about like a 1911. Very easy to rack back.

Really!!! I got to shoot my Star Modelo Super yesterday for the first time in years. I bought it back in 1980 as I recall and when I first shot it, it would not eject the fired 9mm Largo cases. I took it to a really good gunsmith and he said it needed a new ejector. There was none available and he opened a drawer and tossed me a partial box of Remington .38ACP ammo and said try this.

They worked fine and shot well in the old gun. .38ACP was already obsolete but even today .38 Super rounds that shoot at under 1200 fps and they do well in older guns. The Largo case is rimless and the .38 Super is semi rimmed and a tiny bit shorter.