PDA

View Full Version : Supplement Scams

Art
07-19-2022, 04:28
There are ads for supplements endorsed by celebrities both major and minor to fix everything from general well being to insomnia to low sex drive.

I ignore this stuff in general but a month ago I was hit with this really awful insomnia which I assume was due to a change in my cancer treatment. I got pretty desperate so I ordered some Relaxium Plus. Mike Huckabee shills for this stuff on Fox News. I bit the bullet and contributed to the Huckabee retirement program. It may work for Huckabee but it was worthless for me. Not only that it tastes awful. I quickly found that getting Relaxium Plus was a lot easier than not getting Relaxium plus. Earlier this month I got a credit card alert asking if I wanted to continue this product and told them no, do not pay for it in the future. Well today I got another bottle which will go back today.

I do take a whole foods vitamin supplement called juice plus to help get some nutrients I need due to my suppressed appetite. It is similar to Balance of Nature. I just prefer it to the more chemically based pills but there are plenty of warnings out there that buying this stuff, or any other hawked on the media, will be easy to get initially but may be hard to get rid of later.

The current financial situation has also made vendors of everything much more aggressive.

Johnny P
07-19-2022, 04:47
Mike Huckabee was a preacher before he was a politician and huckster. Why, he goes to sleep as soon as his head touches the pillow and sleeps like that all night. Maybe he also has one of the pillow guy's pillows. That will put you to sleep too.

togor
07-20-2022, 10:55
I use melatonin on those occasions when falling to sleep on schedule matters. For me that's European travel for work, to manage the jet lag, and occasionally it gets used when in the backcountry and the tent is a bit on the hot side.

A little of that goes a long way though. 1mg is plenty for me even though I notice they sell it in 3X or 5X that dose. It's sold in the supplements section, and I'm told that if a person uses it every day, then a tolerance gets built up.

Hope things go well for you on the treatments Art, and that you get a complete cure!

kj47
07-20-2022, 04:43
Almost ordered from the huckster. After reading Arts post and other similar results I will try melatonin.

dryheat
07-20-2022, 08:51
Do you have any kind of doctor? Like a general practitioner (what my doctor was). A country doctor (with credentials)? A friend? Listen to the smartest hard working guy in the village. That's just my advice. So,that would exclude ads you see on t.v.