PDA

View Full Version : Ditch the knife, fork and spoon for a more hands-on experience.

rayg
10-25-2022, 07:02
I tried to tell my mother that when I was young, Lol

Ditch the cutlery! Eating with your HANDS 'improves the texture and flavour of food', scientist claim

Professor Charles Spence says giving up cutlery is the secret to enjoying food
He says eating with our hands can 'heighten the dining experience'
This is even the case for messy meals like pasta and currie

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11352529/Ditch-cutlery-Eating-HANDS-improves-texture-flavour-food-scientist-claims.html

Allen
10-25-2022, 07:45
Sounds like something they would try to push in the UK since there are so many knifings.

Ban ANYTHING that can be used as a weapon and the government can control everyone easier.

Major Tom
10-25-2022, 05:58
Takes forever to eat a bowl of soup with yer fingers!

remus
10-25-2022, 07:07
One must drink the soup.

Major Tom
10-26-2022, 02:44
One must drink the soup.

But that's not using yer fingers.

PWC
10-26-2022, 08:54
Sounds of some extreme left plot.

Johnny P
10-27-2022, 10:41
A few years back several of us were at the Tulsa show and went out to eat at the Rib Crib. One of the guys that went out to dinner with us that night was a medical doctor, and wanted to know what to order. We all recommended their ribs, and while we were gnawing away on the ribs he carefully ate his with a knife and fork. That is truly a time to leave the knife and fork on the table.

lyman
10-27-2022, 10:57
don't folks in muslim and SEA eat most foods with the fingers, and a big spoon (for the Pho)

dryheat
10-27-2022, 11:44
When I was a kid we ate at the neighbors house once in a while. She was Australian and very British. I picked up my bacon with my fingers and was corrected. Please use the knife and fork.

Allen
10-27-2022, 11:56
When I was a kid we ate at the neighbors house once in a while. She was Australian and very British. I picked up my bacon with my fingers and was corrected. Please use the knife and fork.

Doesn't sound like an easy task.

While I don't hesitate to eat using my fingers on such items as fries, brownies, fruit and normal usage when eating at restaurants I do use a fork and knife to eat fried chicken to keep the greasy mess off my fingers. My wife looks the other way and thinks I'm weird.

lyman
10-27-2022, 01:09
don't folks in muslim and SEA eat most foods with the fingers, and a big spoon (for the Pho)

Allen
10-27-2022, 01:27

I've heard they use fingers for that too.

blackhawknj
10-27-2022, 01:52
Louis XIV ate with his fingers, and ate mostly in public.
Captain Nemo (James Mason): "There's a fork on your left, Mr. Land. Or aren't you accustomed to utensils ?"
Ned Land (Kirk Douglas) : "Oh I'm indifferent to them."
I carry a set of camp eating utensils form my Boy Scout days in my side bag, prefer them to plastic ones. And they work better.

lyman
10-27-2022, 04:06
I keep a Stainless Steel Spork in my Computer bag (it travels where I go) incase I need one

Allen
10-27-2022, 04:37
I go nowhere. All meals are at home these days. I can chose the foods I eat to the utensils I choose to eat with, mostly sandwiches, so.....

Major Tom
10-29-2022, 07:59

They used one hand to eat with and the other hand to wipe their a$$e$ with!

Vern Humphrey
10-29-2022, 08:25

Which is why cutting off a thief's right hand was such a dreaded penalty.:evil6:

rayg
10-29-2022, 10:21

And hope they don't get mixed up while eating!

Allen
10-29-2022, 10:30
And hope they don't get mixed up while eating!

They may not care.

You are what you eat.

Mark in Ottawa
11-01-2022, 06:29
This statement was made by a professor. What amazes and upsets me is the nature and extent of the totally stupid things for which governments and other agencies provide research funding. Can anyone seriously imagine that the average taxpayer would support research on eating with your hands instead of using a knife and fork? What is really needed is a research study on the degradation of research subjects by professors and graduate students, particularly in the non-science areas. One could also question the rationale for the media to give credence to this stupidity by publishing an article on it.

dryheat
11-01-2022, 06:51
But those kids going to college have to study something. It's like panning for gold. You shovel a lot of debris for a tiny bit of gold. The occasional nugget does show up. These days, it's very small it seems.
You stumble across an acorn once in a while.