PDA

View Full Version : What's in your glass tonight?

lyman
11-13-2022, 06:36
tonight was a 750ml of a local stout, aged a year,

Hardywood Kentucky Morning GBS stout,

I aged it myself in a dark closet, makes it sublime,

followed by a shot of Woodford Double Oaked,

and you?

Allen
11-13-2022, 07:19
Our temperature here has dropped so black coffee in a SS insulated mug. Sorry to disappoint.

dogtag
11-13-2022, 07:28
2 G&Ts and then a couple of shots of Bourbon before bed,
maybe a couple more as it's hard to fall over when in bed.

DMS42
11-14-2022, 03:53
About 3 fingers of a good single malt.

Art
11-14-2022, 10:48
I seldom drink anything distilled, but a good Cab. Malbec or Burgundy can make an evening a bit nicer. The spousal unit likes wine too but every now and again she'll have me fix her up a Cuba Libre, Gin and tonic, or sometimes, like last Sat night, a Hot Toddy.

Roadkingtrax
11-14-2022, 03:51
Water? It's a work week.

Allen
11-14-2022, 07:48
OK, this is the 2nd night and I caved.

For a nightcap I'm having about 3oz of Taylor Cream Sherry. Found it at WM. Kinda sweet but no vinegar taste. Pretty smooth.

barretcreek
11-15-2022, 08:12
Can of regular old Coors with dinner; got a couple of bottles of Cabernets lined up. Can't get Glendronach anymore but a nice Highland would be welcome.
Former trainer is doing some mission type stuff in UK. Suggested he look into the ciders there and Armagnac and Calvados whenever in France as there's little exposure here.

SteveC
11-15-2022, 09:32
I had some Maker's Mark barrel select over rocks last night. Definitely an interesting take on a good bourbon.

Steve

Viking Guy
11-15-2022, 03:23
Bushmills over ice while sitting by the fire. Though Jamesons is good, I like the Bushmills original white label

lyman
11-15-2022, 03:39
Can of regular old Coors with dinner; got a couple of bottles of Cabernets lined up. Can't get Glendronach anymore but a nice Highland would be welcome.
Former trainer is doing some mission type stuff in UK. Suggested he look into the ciders there and Armagnac and Calvados whenever in France as there's little exposure here.

Aspall is a damn good cider,

local Orange flavored IPA tonight,

re those single malls,
love me some from Islay

Robert Scott
12-16-2022, 05:18
White Russians tonight...every year on the 16th of December I watch The Battle of the Bulge (the Ardennes Offensive.)

My uncle was there and I met a lot Germans that fought there too..

dryheat
12-16-2022, 08:03
The Irish whiskeys are smooth. But Ireland is next to Scotland and I have only had one shot of Scotch in my life that I liked. Glenfiddich. Go to a booze website and the Scots whisky's fans come up with names like Glewobfore, signiitmalt. It's Klingon and sounds cool.
I won't pay $26 for a bottle of whiskey so It's usually Ten High or East of Eden (Early Times). Never Canadian blends: 'we rounded up all the leftover cheap stuff and poured it in a tank and blended it'. Canadian Mist. If it washed up on shore, I'd throw it back. Haven't tried any American blends and I'm not risking it.
What I like is Buffalo Trace. They make Sazerac rye which is a takeoff on an old time Louisiana drink. But I don't like Anisette which I recall is an ingredient (the drink,not the whiskey.
When it comes to Vodka(and most booze) I'm old time. I don't want cherries for strawberries in it. Did you know there is a peanut butter flavored whiskey?
London Dry. The way it's supposed to be made.
I love a Margaritta, but you just about need a machine shop to make it right. I don't care what you pay, you can't pour a good Margaritta out of a bottle of sugar from the grocery store.

lyman
12-16-2022, 08:09
took the wife to see a band tonight,

had a Ramble On (Star Hill Brewery) IPA,

now home, Anchor Steam Christmas Ale before bed

Vern Humphrey
12-17-2022, 07:06
My daughter just gave me a bottle of egg nog.

barretcreek
12-17-2022, 03:04
On Independence Day I bicycle around to friends with a bottle of Rye.

jon_norstog
12-17-2022, 10:27
I had a couple little glasses - bigger than a shot glass, but not much - of Maker's Mark. Hadn't drunk distilled likker since I was in my 20s, until this 4-day party I went to outside Potlach ID. I stuck around and helped clean up after, did a mountain of dishes with no running water BUT there was an orphan, opened bottle of Maker's Mark. Damn! It was good. A pint lasts me a week.

jn

Mark in Ottawa
12-22-2022, 06:44
Proseco (a type of Italian sparking wine, not unlike champagne). It was our 52nd anniversary and we were reluctant to go out for dinner so we made an international dinner: French style beef tenderloin with bernaise sauce; Swiss style rosti potatoes; middle eastern pita bread and Canadian veggies, all washed down with the Italian proseco. Dessert was American style apple pie. Given that my ancestors were from Eastern Europe, I should have made perogies as well but never thought of it

lyman
12-22-2022, 07:22
Proseco (a type of Italian sparking wine, not unlike champagne). It was our 52nd anniversary and we were reluctant to go out for dinner so we made an international dinner: French style beef tenderloin with bernaise sauce; Swiss style rosti potatoes; middle eastern pita bread and Canadian veggies, all washed down with the Italian proseco. Dessert was American style apple pie. Given that my ancestors were from Eastern Europe, I should have made perogies as well but never thought of it

Happy Anniversary!!!

Prosecco , good stuff,

like Cava, it is also basically Champagne but not aged,

barretcreek
12-22-2022, 05:12
You would have difficult time finding a meal equal to that. Happy anniversary.

lyman
12-22-2022, 07:03
had a corner left in a bottle of Knob Creek Rye,

had,

now, local Brewery, with there seasonal that usually gets a 100 score on Beer Advocate and other rating boards,

Hardywood Gingerbread Stout, Christmas Morning,

a great stout, with ginger etc, and somehow coffee added

Merc
12-26-2022, 06:20
I came from a beer drinking family so that’s always been my beverage of choice. Lately, the Dutch Heineken and German Bitburger beers served super cold are my favorites. A nice room temperature California Merlot or Cabernet always makes a medium steak or prime rib taste better and almost any chilled dry white will go well with a plate full or Virginia spots or a grilled salmon fillet. Hint: marinate a salmon fillet in Wishbone Italian salad dressing before grilling. Excellent!

Unfortunately, most of us beer drinkers are “gulpers” and are used to high volume drinking. Hard liquor usually gets us in trouble and so I avoid it for that reason.