PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again....

Dan Shapiro
11-24-2022, 03:32
The WKRP Turkey Drop.

https://youtu.be/p8YHVmdO7RY

Allen
11-24-2022, 04:22
I remember this when it first aired. Still funny after all this time. A real classic.

RIP Howard Hesseman/Dr. Johnny Fever

Vern Humphrey
11-26-2022, 06:33
Yellville, Arkansas has an annual festival called Turkey Trot Days. It used to be the custom to drop wild turkeys from an airplane -- wild turkeys, of course, can fly. The animal rights people made a stink about it, and they had to stop. A few years ago, though, a plane came over town in the middle of the festival, the door popped open, and out came several wild turkeys. Someone got the tail number, however, and reported it.

Turned out to be our local druggist. They tried all sorts of things to get him but couldn't figure out anything that would stick -- it ain't illegal to drop birds or skydivers out of airplanes. But one group told him they were coming to his house for a "peaceful protest." I told him, he should have sent them to my house, but warned them not to trespass or annoy my pit bull.

dryheat
11-30-2022, 09:29
Turkeys can fly (to the branch in a tree). But I think it's rare if ever that pilots report turkeys in their flight path.

lyman
12-01-2022, 03:58
Turkeys can fly (to the branch in a tree). But I think it's rare if ever that pilots report turkeys in their flight path.

wild turkeys, besides the bottled bourbon, can fly a good distance,

those store bought and farm bred birds probably can;t make it up into the tree

Vern Humphrey
12-02-2022, 04:33

Of course turkeys can fly -- haven't you ever met a Naval Aviator?

SDigger
12-04-2022, 01:59
Yep them wild Turkey?s fly just like pheasants,seen more then few flying up to the 10K+ ft level.
:icon_wink:
Tidbit; they sure don’t taste anything like a butterball Turkey........a friend told me that!