PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer P320 Pistol Alert

Allen
12-04-2022, 08:06
Don't know how much truth there is to this but if you own one you might want to do some research on it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dangerously-defective-pistol-fires-even-205226737.html

Vern Humphrey
12-05-2022, 10:10
You notice they don't say HOW this happens. Show me the mechanical linkage and explain what causes the pistol to "go off by itself."

Art
12-05-2022, 01:22
There is a lot of curious stuff in this article. I'd like to know how a pistol fired while in a holster sends a bullet through both thighs of the person wearing it :icon_scratch: .

I do know of a case where this happened but it wasn't the fault of the manufacturer. A Houston Police Department Officer I knew bought an M1911 type pistol, very popular with Houston cops at the time, on the second hand market. He thought he heard gunshots, got out of his car and the door sprung back into him hitting him on the right side impacting his holstered weapon at which time his "cocked and locked" pistol fired in the holster and the bullet dug a furrow down his right thigh. He was all set to sue Colt when the Department armorers who checked out the pistol told him the trigger mechanism had been tampered with by a previous owner Oooops :icon_e_surprised: .

barretcreek
12-05-2022, 01:26
Borrowed the Nambu design?

Vern Humphrey
12-05-2022, 02:43
There is a lot of curious stuff in this article. I'd like to know how a pistol fired while in a holster sends a bullet through both thighs of the person wearing it :icon_scratch: .

This was a person with a very strange body configuration.

Allen
12-05-2022, 02:54
Designed by the A. Baldwin auto-fire pistol manufacturing company perhaps.

Vern Humphrey
12-05-2022, 03:19
Designed by the A. Baldwin auto-fire pistol manufacturing company perhaps.

The person and pistol both.:evil6:

Art
12-06-2022, 01:13
I read that these pistols had a defect that could cause them to fire if they were dropped and the rear top of the slide hit a hard surface at an angle of 33 degrees exactly. There was a recall to fix that problem. This current problem is obviously something new. Like Vern I'd like to know the mechanics of this issue because some of the incidents sound very sketchy.

Vern Humphrey
12-06-2022, 01:32
I read that these pistols had a defect that could cause them to fire if they were dropped and the rear top of the slide hit a hard surface at an angle of 33 degrees exactly. There was a recall to fix that problem. This current problem is obviously something new. Like Vern I'd like to know the mechanics of this issue because some of the incidents sound very sketchy.

Until I see some mechanical details, I'm taking the position that this is a bunch of Alec Baldwin "I didn't pull the trigger" excuses.

Allen
12-06-2022, 02:13
Until I see some mechanical details, I'm taking the position that this is a bunch of Alec Baldwin "I didn't pull the trigger" excuses.

Maybe Baldwin owns one of these and the media is paving the way for his innocence should he shoot someone else.

Vern Humphrey
12-06-2022, 03:24
Maybe Baldwin owns one of these and the media is paving the way for his innocence should he shoot someone else.

I have to admit he didn't do it on purpose -- if he had TRIED to kill her, he'd have missed by 50 feet. Why is he not in jail?