PDA

View Full Version : Smart dogs

rayg
12-19-2022, 06:47
Smart dogs you are not getting away!

https://www.itemfix.com/v?t=aeo377

Allen
12-19-2022, 07:45
Been around dogs all my life. It's amazing what they know and can do if only taught and observed. Breeds and genders make a lot of difference but they all have their unique personalities if we would only take the time to get to know them.

The worse thing about a dog is their short lifespan. We see the whole cycle of life pass before our eyes in the time frame of only 12-16 years. + or -

With modern advances in flea control we can keep them indoors with us too. Most of them prefer our company.

Vern Humphrey
12-20-2022, 10:51
I drive a twisting mountain road every morning on my way to the gym. I see a flock of sheep on the shoulder of the road nearly every day. The first time I saw them, I said to myself, "There's an accident waiting to happen!"

But then I saw lying behind them, his front paws crossed, was a Great Pyrenees. He was on the job, and none of them would put a foot on the pavement.

Allen
12-20-2022, 11:11
There's a large farm about 1/2 mile from me. They raise cattle using several fenced off pastures. After the cows eat, pee and crap enough on the grass in the field they are transferred to a different field with fresh clean grass. For protection (coyotes) the farmer keeps a single donkey with the cows. Lately you can drive by and see the donkey in a field all by himself. I asked the farmer why that was. When transferring, the donkey is too stubborn to walk with the cows and gets left behind.

Not exactly a dog but same concept.

Vern Humphrey
12-20-2022, 11:19
Donkeys will definitely deal with coyotes. I have had them for years and they don't take any crap from any dog.

Allen
12-20-2022, 04:23
Dogs can be a lot of fun.