PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Stuff

Allen
01-27-2023, 01:11
Still cool weather here but will be changing soon.

dryheat
01-28-2023, 01:53
I lived in Texas for a while and it was similar, only further south and worse. We didn't have cotton but it was hot enough for it. We had tornados. Only one and one hurricane. The grass didn't worry me. It was the vines that climbed up and over anything. And army ants. And cockroaches. No problem with mice. We got some rain sometimes. I liked winter in TX. It was like a Christmas present. Forty degrees just perks one up.

Art
01-28-2023, 05:55
I think you can judge the overall desirability of a state as a place to live by the number of songs about it, especially the positive songs about it. I want to be in a place where folks, by and large, are proud of where they live. I actually did live in "Alabam" for a while in the army (Huntsville) and I liked the state then and still do. If I was going to live somewhere besides where I live now it would be Alabama followed possibly by Tennessee.

Allen
01-28-2023, 06:40
If I was going to live somewhere besides where I live now it would be Alabama followed possibly by Tennessee.

Tennessee IS nice. I can't believe how populated Nashville has become though. I went through there 20 years ago. It took hours to pass thru on the Interstate and at 8:00 at night.

bruce
01-28-2023, 03:00
The Georgia legislature wisely made Ray Charles classic "Georgia" the state song. Would have been hard to find a better song. Sincerely. bruce.

Vern Humphrey
01-29-2023, 03:15
I'll put Arkansaw Traveller up against any other state song!

Allen
01-29-2023, 05:02
The Georgia legislature wisely made Ray Charles classic "Georgia" the state song. Would have been hard to find a better song. Sincerely. bruce.

Ray Charles had a small part in the Spy Hard movie. He's a better singer than bus driver.