PDA

View Full Version : Good Idea's ?

Allen
02-05-2023, 03:53
Things to build if you get bored.

dogtag
02-11-2023, 03:09
I couldn't help but wonder how that tube connected to the header tank.
Can't imagine trying to bore a hole in a header tank.

Allen
02-11-2023, 03:43
I hadn't noticed that. Being ceramic I suppose a "U" shaped trough could be ground with a grinder to accommodate the pipe. Wouldn't have to be a hole or anything water tight above the water level and the drain pipe could be necked down to a smaller size if need be.

kj47
02-12-2023, 03:28
#2 maybe a greenie idea?

lyman
02-12-2023, 06:38
#2 would probably work better if fed from a runoff tank, as in from rainwater,

and I guess you could use a carbide or diamond hole saw?,

would be a bit funky if you needed to flush twice

dogtag
02-14-2023, 05:48
Talking of toilets, did you know that beautiful Women don't go to
the toilet. I know this because my late Wife was a looker and although
I saw her in the shower and bath tub, never that sit down stuff.
Can you picture Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor, (when they were alive of course)
or Jane Seymour sitting and taking a you know what ?
Nor can I because it doesn't happen.

dryheat
02-14-2023, 07:09
Talking of toilets, did you know that beautiful Women don't go to
the toilet. I know this because my late Wife was a looker and although
I saw her in the shower and bath tub, never that sit down stuff.
Can you picture Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor, (when they were alive of course)
or Jane Seymour sitting and taking a you know what ?
Nor can I because it doesn't happen.

That's pretty funny. When I was a kid I worshipped the girls in my class. I didn't think they actually pooped. I thought their legs would look better without those knees.

That looks like the most uncomfortable bench imaginable. Just the kind of thing Bubba would build if he had twenty blocks leftover and think it was brilliant.

Allen
02-14-2023, 07:22
That looks like the most uncomfortable bench imaginable. Just the kind of thing Bubba would build if he had twenty blocks leftover and think it was brilliant.

I'm not completely sold on the bench either but what bench is comfortable? With the amount of rainfall we have here nothing built with lumber last long outside so that may be why this bench was thought up.

Getting back to poop, can you imagine Christie Brinkley taking a crap and then checking out what she did before flushing?

dryheat
02-14-2023, 10:11
Plenty of drainage is a great part of that bench. What would that great drainage do to help protect the wood of the bench? The sun cooks and dry's out wood. I left a rifle stock on the work bench for a whole summer. It was a Boyd's and when all the moisture was sucked out the wood split a little. But the wood was cured and no more damage could be expected. I'm sure I filled it in. I remember the story, but the rifle is long gone.
Well,

Allen
02-14-2023, 10:20
Plenty of drainage is a great part of that bench. What would that great drainage do to help protect the wood of the bench? The sun cooks and dry's out wood. I left a rifle stock on the work bench for a whole summer. It was a Boyd's and when all the moisture was sucked out the wood split a little. But the wood was cured and no more damage could be expected. I'm sure I filled it in. I remember the story, but the rifle is long gone.
Well,

During our most rainy periods everything looks like a swamp so drainage isn't possible all the time. Store bought benches have 1x2 slats that warp, crack, bow and rot. At least this bench is made with 4x4's and yeah, probably not very comfy.

They might be good in the cities being rough enough to keep the homeless from sleeping on them? Plus, they would be hard to steal.