PDA

View Full Version : Jeep storage

barretcreek
03-19-2023, 05:42
Have a 1980 CJ-5. Cannot find secure storage for a full size rifle (I don't leave guns in vehicles but sometimes it's unavoidable). Short of a welding project has anyone found a good locker for a Jeep?

Posting other places also.

Allen
03-19-2023, 06:09
Grew up with Jeeps. Still have rifles. Never mixed the 2. Not much room in a Jeep for anything.

Ideas from pictures?

#4 looks like a police car rifle/shotgun rack that is lockable.

If it were me I would put the rifle in a padded rifle bag and slip in under one of the front seats with the rest of it laying in the little "bed" area behind the seats.

Storage while unattended? Maybe under the hood somewhere or under the Jeep (just remember it's there before driving off).

Attach using tie wraps or bungee cords?

Allen
03-19-2023, 06:23
Police car mount. No welding, just a hole or two drilled and bolted on. Lockable. I sometimes see full size rifles in their cars too.

barretcreek
03-20-2023, 09:48
SantaCruz gunlocks? Will do a search, thanks.

Reminds me of schooldays. Very wealthy part of NY. Classmate from Pennsylvania had Gramp's '48? Chevy PU with all the wrap around windows and a gun rack. Put a full size plastic ray gun in it. Cops said 911 melted down from all the hysterical callers. "Get rid of it!!".

Allen
03-20-2023, 11:21
SantaCruz gunlocks? Will do a search, thanks.

Reminds me of schooldays. Very wealthy part of NY. Classmate from Pennsylvania had Gramp's '48? Chevy PU with all the wrap around windows and a gun rack. Put a full size plastic ray gun in it. Cops said 911 melted down from all the hysterical callers. "Get rid of it!!".

Liberal fraidy cats.

barretcreek
03-29-2023, 05:16
Correct search term 'vehicle storage vaults'. Brought up several manufacturers.