PDA

View Full Version : CMP forum, what happened to it?

Mike in NC
04-05-2023, 11:13
I spend time on lots of different firearm forums, the CMP forum is among them. This morning I got an error message when trying open that forum, then later this afternoon it was up and running. Tried to access it at about 2:00 PM this afternoon and it looks like the old forum that was rebooted in 2009 is now gone and replaced by a V forum with no explaination any where on the CMP website. Lots of good information now no longer available. Any one get an email about this upcoming change?

I know there had been recent hacking of user's log information and a few bogus ads had been placed by thiefs that used someone elses user ID to cheat buyers.

04-05-2023, 12:11
I can't even log on!! I guess it is gone.

Mike in NC
04-05-2023, 01:05
Kind of a bummer for anyone with purchases or sales in progress. Now we will have to start with new user name (probably) and will start with zero posts so no way to tell long time users from newbies and potential scammers.

04-05-2023, 02:49
All of those posts lost? All of the history and knowledge gone! I think hacked.

Mike in NC
04-05-2023, 03:21
All of those posts lost? All of the history and knowledge gone! I think hacked.

Maybe by someone that isn't a firearm fan?

lyman
04-05-2023, 03:35
I tried to login, and it kept saying I was logged in but not,
and will not let me re register

looks like a new format,, that they dropped in place and did not tell the membership

Mike in NC
04-05-2023, 03:54
I tried to login, and it kept saying I was logged in but not,
and will not let me re register

looks like a new format,, that they dropped in place and did not tell the membership

I emailed a friend and he could not register using his old user name even though he tried early and it probably hadn't been taken by someone else. It looks like the old user names from the previous forum may be blocked from being used in this new forum. Try using a new user name to register. Really not nice to not give us any notice or explaining on what was happening.

lyman
04-05-2023, 04:23
well, managed to figure out which email address I used to sign on long ago, and got my password reset,
then it did not recognize it ,,, and kicked me out for another 15 minutes

I'll try again later,

lyman
04-05-2023, 05:37
got my login fixed, had to re register,

nothing there yet but folks complaining of the change,

mtnboomer
04-05-2023, 07:58
got my login fixed, had to re register,

nothing there yet but folks complaining of the change,

I hope VS didn't buy them too.

lyman
04-05-2023, 07:59
doesn't look like VS,

PWC
04-06-2023, 10:36
I doubt that they are gone; they have too much going on.

Give them a chance to work thru whatever is going on. Grab a cup pf coffee amd take a deep breath

bruce
04-06-2023, 01:21
Found the following item posted. Will just have to let the folks behind the curtain do their thing. Then we will see what there is to see. Sincerely. bruce.

GhostInTheMachine started a topic GhostInTheMachine
in Main Forum
Today, 12:15 AM
Please be patient with the upgrade of the forum. The database will be transferred over the next few days. We have been upgrading and moving all CMP sites to new servers and updated software. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Some of the forum database may be lost but we are hopeful all items transfer with no issues. The old forum software was reaching its EOL. Thanks in advance for your kindness and patience.
GhostInTheMachine

lyman
04-06-2023, 01:40
I doubt that they are gone; they have too much going on.

Give them a chance to work thru whatever is going on. Grab a cup pf coffee amd take a deep breath

a very rational thought,

but why not run around and panic, knash teeth, flail about etc etc?:1948:

Allen
04-06-2023, 04:15
a very rational thought,

but why not run around and panic, knash teeth, flail about etc etc?:1948:

In some countries we could go into the streets and shoot our guns into the air.

In the Bronx we could loot and burn down our own homes.

dryheat
04-06-2023, 07:25
- - - Updated - - -

OK. An IT guy mentioned that, you don't always get a heads up, and that it would be way better if they could do a heads up than get all the bitchin'. It was mentioned that they have a small IT team.
CMP is sometimes fast and other times slow. I love the ladies I talk to. Have a blessed day. Oops, I think ladies is racist now. Oh, and, Ghost posted: don't do any trades right now. The "door is open" for new participants. Some might be scammers. Scamming is an excepted talent now a days. I've been scammed..when I was youonger.

mtnboomer
04-06-2023, 08:16
There is a lot of problems with bots invading 2A forums, overloading them, and shutting them down. Sometimes permanently.

I was a member of a forum here in Oklahoma that had been having such a problem. One day the site didn't exist anymore.

Those of us from Yesterday's Weapons Forum experienced it there. That site is still down with no way to know if it will ever come back.

Be prepared.

Roadkingtrax
04-08-2023, 11:49
Forum software update.

Unless that's conspiracy, it's probably just a standard update. Format will probably be different and could be more user friendly with respect to picture attachments and interface.

lyman
04-09-2023, 06:17
Forum software update.

Unless that's conspiracy, it's probably just a standard update. Format will probably be different and could be more user friendly with respect to picture attachments and interface.

and honestly, it is about time,

the last version was a bit glitchy with whatever version of Chrome I am using ,