PDA

View Full Version : I have to re-engineer, tweak, fix, repair everything

dryheat
05-07-2023, 08:53
This thing was designed for the short people we are importing. I'm six ft. tall.

My Swiss spanner.

Do it yourself yard scraper with steal edge.

Rifle cradle. Ugly? You bet.

Allen
05-07-2023, 09:47
My wife use to watch "Home Improvement" (Tool Time) with Tim Allen because she said all his modifications done on the show reminded her of me.

She used to rag me constantly till she found that you can't find any one who can repair anything and some or most of my ideas/mods worked and worked better.

dryheat
05-07-2023, 10:15
We're guys, that's what we do.

BuckeyeShooter
05-08-2023, 02:41
In addition to the above, I re-write the instructions, replace their drawings and pictures with my own. Guess you could call it a hobby.

Allen
05-08-2023, 04:04
I re-write the instructions,

Instructions?

Phloating Phlasher
05-08-2023, 04:15
I tend to Improve on most things.

dryheat
05-08-2023, 09:35
Instructions?

Have you read Chinese/English? Can you even see it? We tried to cook up a box WM Chinese food (it was supposed to be Shepards Pie). The letters in the instructions were about the size of gnat sh*t. With cheaters you could barely read it. About the size of the period at the end of this sentence. This was a good sized box with big pictures. They just do it to be mean or so you won't see that they can't spell.

Allen
05-08-2023, 09:48
Have you read Chinese/English? Can you even see it? We tried to cook up a box WM Chinese food (it was supposed to be Shepards Pie). The letters in the instructions were about the size of gnat sh*t. With cheaters you could barely read it. About the size of the period at the end of this sentence. This was a good sized box with big pictures. They just do it to be mean or so you won't see that they can't spell.

A lot of items now come with no instructions or info at all. You have to look up the address they give you and view it on the computer.

dryheat
05-08-2023, 10:06
Ah boy, that never occurred to me, but it seems likely.

Phloating Phlasher
05-09-2023, 08:19
My new "smartphone" admits openly there are no instructions!
They suggest go to YouBoob & watch "hammer chewer" videos.

BuckeyeShooter
05-10-2023, 05:51
My new "smartphone" admits openly there are no insrtutions!
They suggest go to YouBoob & watch hammer chewer videos.

Instructions for anything with software or firmware can be obsolete after a software/firmware update. So why print it?
Just print the address of the latest instruction. Any goofs can be corrected instantly by the writer on line.
It's a strange way to do things if your brought up on paper manuals & instructions. But if your young, its normal normal.
My wall mounted compressed air hose reel is now assembled upside down , but it fits its place & purpose perfectly now.

dryheat
05-10-2023, 11:18
You've got a point there, but it makes people feel smart not to be able to read the directions of a Microwave meal? The Chinese are missing basic stuff. God, their dumb sometimes.

Allen
05-10-2023, 11:24
You've got a point there, but it makes people feel smart not to be able to read the directions of a Microwave meal? The Chinese are missing basic stuff. God, their dumb sometimes.

You feel smart till you mess up several times and have to resort to the instructions.

dryheat
05-10-2023, 11:39
Yup; gdsoabmfsmdkmas. I can swear(and do). And calm down and look the situation over.

Allen
05-11-2023, 08:03
Sometimes instructions are simply hard to follow.