PDA

View Full Version : Making guns on the cheap

5thDragoons
06-06-2023, 06:54
Cottage industry gun factory with minimum startup capital needed. At first they were making Tokarevs, but now I don't think so. Probably a generic Paki-style auto loader. SW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPjrP_dQlms

5thDragoons
06-06-2023, 07:08
I think this is what the vid above is about. All you need is a basket full of files... and the ability to sit cross legged for hours on end. SW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwMS6C8C15w

5thDragoons
06-06-2023, 07:34
Ammo loading is also a rudimentary process. Imagine what this guy could do with a Dillon or RCBS loader! SW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdIXWrwPAnI

Vern Humphrey
06-07-2023, 12:17
I once captured an M1911 that was made with nothing but a file. I didn't have the guts to shoot it.:icon_rolleyes:

5thDragoons
06-07-2023, 12:25
I had a scratch build Martini a friend brought back from Afghanistan. Didn't look too bad on the outside, but internally, it appeared to have been made with chisels and files. Never fired it and told the new owner if he was smart, he wouldn't, either. SW

lyman
06-07-2023, 04:06
I have an Enfield in stock that was imported by TG , they had a rep for importing kyber stuff,
this Enfield has an Indian receiver and maybe barrel, but the rest looks like Mohammed and Mustaffa got tipsy and finished the rest

would not shoot it on a bet,

Vern Humphrey
06-16-2023, 01:47
My dad once bet a member of the Egyptian Camel Corps his Martini wouldn't fire. The guy took the bet, but wanted an extra pound to pay for the cartridge. It didn't fire on the first try, but the guy stuffed grass and straw into the chamber to hold the case in position. On the second try there was actual flame coming out of the breech!

Allen
06-16-2023, 04:02
My dad once bet a member of the Egyptian Camel Corps his Martini wouldn't fire. The guy took the bet, but wanted an extra pound to pay for the cartridge. It didn't fire on the first try, but the guy stuffed grass and straw into the chamber to hold the case in position. On the second try there was actual flame coming out of the breech!

Standing in front of that rifle may have been the safest place to be when it was fired.

Vern Humphrey
06-16-2023, 04:12
Standing in front of that rifle may have been the safest place to be when it was fired.

If those boys are shooting, the safest guy in the desert is the one they're shooting at.

Allen
06-16-2023, 04:18
If those boys are shooting, the safest guy in the desert is the one they're shooting at.

??? That would mean he was in front of the gun no doubt.

Vern Humphrey
06-17-2023, 12:47
??? That would mean he was in front of the gun no doubt.

Probably. The Old Man was nobody's fool.

pcox
06-18-2023, 08:57
In the ammo video the cartridge cases were completely full of powder. Is a compressed load normal for an AK?

Phloating Phlasher
06-20-2023, 11:35
I have no problem with things like Knives made in a dirt-floored shop with a charcoal fire in 2 cinder-blocks & a "BFH". I'm really amazed at the craftsmanship that can make such impressive items with so little. I have a couple of knives made that way that are marvelous!
Firearms not so much so I'm afraid.

Sandpebble
06-25-2023, 03:26
I have an Enfield in stock that was imported by TG , they had a rep for importing kyber stuff,
this Enfield has an Indian receiver and maybe barrel, but the rest looks like Mohammed and Mustaffa got tipsy and finished the rest

would not shoot it on a bet,

Back in 1987 I visited northern Pakistan and did have opportunity to observe many locally made fire arms ... predominantly from a local town ... Darra

They all "appeared" to be of good quality... just like the the fake Rolex watches being sold in Singapore at that time ... { saw those too }

Year or so ago I attended an estate sale of an Afghanistan Vet that had numerous old Enfield and Flintlock items he brought back from his tour.

I wouldn't have shot any one of them on a bet

Vets brought back untold amounts of fakes from the Middle East ..... then again

then again my Father brought back an SKS from Vietnam smuggled while a Flight Engineer of a C130 .....

Phloating Phlasher
06-25-2023, 06:43
In the ammo video the cartridge cases were completely full of powder. Is a compressed load normal for an AK?
When the "powder" is non-safety film chips (which I've seen with 3rd world ammo) who knows?