PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Help swapping M1 Carbine barrel band locally in South Carolina Area 29582

ColtComanche
06-21-2023, 07:20
Looking for someone local to help me swap the barrel band on my carbine. I don?t have the tools or the knowledge to do it without screwing something up.

Whatever cash or trade you think is fair for the work. Just want to swap my Type-2 with a reproduction Type-1 I purchased.

Johnny P
06-25-2023, 09:45
Just be sure the Type 2 is not correct. It would be unusual for a Type 2 that was not original to the barrel, unless someome "corrected" it with the wrong band.

I have a sight tool, but no where near you.

JimF
06-25-2023, 09:56
I made an adapter for a Harbor Freight gear puller . . . . .

Using a “copper” penny to protect the muzzle, an impact wrench on the puller removed the VERY STUBBORN front sight!

ColtComanche
06-25-2023, 12:56
Just be sure the Type 2 is not correct. It would be unusual for a Type 2 that was not original to the barrel, unless someome "corrected" it with the wrong band.

I have a sight tool, but no where near you.
Original or not I wouldn’t care, it’s an Iver Johnson carbine from the 70s that’s been outfitted with mostly early war USGI parts and Rock-Ola furniture. So nothing is correct on it anyway, a commercial carbine made to look like an early war GI.

It has telltale wear on the barrel anyway showing it probably had a Type-3 with bayonet lug on at one point.