PDA

View Full Version : Mission Impossible Movie

Allen
07-08-2023, 11:04
I'm sure you've all read about the latest MI movie that is out and that Tom Cruise at age 61 insist on doing all his own stunts. You've probably read about the ramp that was built to make the jump he did with the motorcycle off of the cliff.

If you'll look at this link you can see about how large this ramp was and how much time and practice it took to perfect it.

In the movie you won't see the ramp, instead you will see Tom racing his motorcycle across some rough terrain, common to the area, and flying off the cliff. I can understand, in part, why the ramp was needed since a cycle rider, no matter how trained they were could flip on the rocks on the ground. It isn't exactly a place you want to do a hundred miles an hour.

My point is Tom probably actually rode on this terrain, no doubt a lot slower, especially with a cliff nearby. The movie had to be edited to show the ground and not the ramp so if such editing can be made up why was there even a need to jump off the cliff? Couldn't that have been "made up" as well. Movie producers do this all the time. One scene that comes to mind is the movie Air Force One where Harrison Ford is barely hanging on to the open hatch of a flying plane. The actual set was just a < 10' drop off with a net inside a studio. The sky was added later. So why all the $, time, risk of life to make a point or make a movie scene?

Just some random thoughts. No I haven't seen the movie yet, just the trailers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12270145/Secrets-Tom-Cruises-biggest-stunt-cinema-history-revealed.html