PDA

View Full Version : I got to shoot my 2 new guns at a indoor range

RED
07-28-2023, 06:53
The Tisas 1911A1 Service Special was awesome but was not made for OFC members. My weak and shaky 78 years old, hands and weak grips were not made for the strong action springs. Just racking the slide is a chore. But I managed to put 50 SB 230, FMJ, rounds off handed into a reasonable groups 2 rounds into the body mass and 1 to the head was easy.

This is super buy! The one I bought got to my FFL dealer for $257 (sales tax + free shipping included).

Then there was the Remington Saber BJHP Bonded 185 hollow points. Wow! The recoil was much stronger. I had trouble in holding a 6 inch group, off hand, at 21 yards. No pinching, and no malfunctions.

Then I shot the PX-9 Tisas. It was a lot tamer and and handled well. No malfunctions at all, shot put 70 rounds. Not as accurate as the 1911 with FMJ but it was easy to hold 2 rounds in the body mass,and 1 to the head.

I was unaware that the sights were both tritium. This is the pistol the Philippine National Police bought 6,000 and mine is stamped with PNP. I highly recommend the pistol. It will replace my CZ-82 as my car pistol.

Art
07-28-2023, 07:10
I've been waiting for this review. It sounds like your experience with the Tisas is the same as I've heard from other sources. Keep racking that slide and it'll get easier, i promise.

Phloating Phlasher
07-29-2023, 11:24
How about something like this?
Its a replacement rear-sight with a cocking assist handle.
https://usgundepot.com/us-specifications/briley-semi-auto-cocking-sight-usa-briley-handgun-rear-sights.html