PDA

View Full Version : Buying Opportunity. Deep Pockets Only

Art
08-08-2023, 07:33
It looks like old Tom Selleck is liquidating his firearms collection. Some really interesting fine firearms here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF2FyviJDJQ

Doc Sharptail
08-08-2023, 09:36
It looks like old Tom Selleck is liquidating his firearms collection. Some really interesting fine firearms here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF2FyviJDJQ

The Marlin is likely to go high- maybe even higher than the factory restored Winchester.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

dogtag
08-08-2023, 12:50
Sellek's guns, Leno's cars and McQueen's motorbikes.

Some nincompoop once said "Money can't buy you happiness"

Art
08-08-2023, 01:02
Sellek's guns, Leno's cars and McQueen's motorbikes.

Some nincompoop once said "Money can't buy you happiness"

It might not buy happiness but it sure can buy some good times :evil6: .

Selleck is pushing 80. I suspect he's decided its time for someone else to enjoy these firearms. If so I understand that, I've sold several firearms in the past two years, and gifted several other guns, quality fishing tackle, and assorted trinkets to folks I figure will appreciate and take care of them.

He does have some interesting tastes. The "unmatched pair" of Holland & Holland best quality guns in 20 ga. and .410 bore is an interesting choice made by a man who was able to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to get what he wanted.

dogtag
08-08-2023, 04:24
Happiness is one of those hard to define things.
If it's not shooting a Noel Boutet Flintlock or toodling around
in a beautiful old Alfa Romeo, or being with the right Lady,
then what the hell is it ?

Art
08-08-2023, 04:57
Happiness is one of those hard to define things.
If it's not shooting a Noel Boutet Flintlock or toodling around
in a beautiful old Alfa Romeo, or being with the right Lady,
then what the hell is it ?

Being happy in grinding poverty is no small trick, obviously.

On the other hand I've known some folks who wanted for nothing who were quite miserable.

I've always thought of happiness as a general satisfaction with your life in general. The Noel Boutet Flintlock and Alfa Romeo are obviously enhancements that can make an already happy camper, well, happier. The right lady, now that's something that can definitely make you on the happiness scale. The wrong woman is a recipe for unmitigated misery....I'll sure give you that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Allen
08-08-2023, 05:37
Elvis was probably happier as an innocent child living in poverty and with his family vs his last years on earth with money, nice homes, cars, fame, endless girlfriends, any food upon request and of course, drugs.

blackhawknj
08-09-2023, 05:40
Dick Clark said "Outside of health and friendship there's a lot of happiness money can buy."

dryheat
08-09-2023, 11:57
Oh, it can't be that much. Hollywood doesn't like guns. Oooh, well only when it makes money. The little palm pistol I've seen in a magazine (made of paper). Seems like the perfect hide-out or "belly gun". If it saves your life, by God, it worked.

barretcreek
08-10-2023, 02:43
For the price of those Hollands I could buy enough land to go bird hunting for a long time.

pickax
08-10-2023, 04:53
Dick Clark said "Outside of health and friendship there's a lot of happiness money can buy."

Sellik is pushing 80? oh Christ Im right behind him. Always liked him since he smacked down Rosie Odonell in an interview.
Good luck for him on the auction! Out of my leage for sure.