PDA

View Full Version : Trio of Gen Zers are dumber than a 2x4 ...

dogtag
08-14-2023, 03:15
I've never thought sitting on a train track was a good idea,
but these guys did with the guy making himself comfy by leaning
back onto the third rail. Nice of him to make the girl share the
experience. What a sh!thead.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12405683/Horrifying-moment-two-people-shocked-accidentally-touching-electric-rail-trying-selfie-sitting-train-tracks-Chicago.html

Phloating Phlasher
08-14-2023, 04:14
I'm firmly convinced that evolution has restarted. I believe in evolution, based on the massive amount of confirming evidence, but I don't think its a slow, steady process.
I believe it goes in fits & starts. I've heard its the opposite of "civilization" because that supports the weak, halt & lame. They would be deselected naturally, but civilization supports & succors them. That's a very worthy thing, but it does interrupt evolution. Then it gets all out of balance &it restarts gain.
Yes its rather cruel, but "Mother Nature" is too.

Allen
08-14-2023, 04:28
I'm firmly convinced that evolution has restarted. I believe in evolution,

We're suppose to be getting smarter, not dumber.

If evolution occurred like in the picture below we are going in the wrong direction now.

Mark in Ottawa
08-14-2023, 04:42
Perhaps they should be nominated for a Darwin Award. That award is given to people who improve the gene pool by taking themselves out of it in unusually stupid ways. See https://darwinawards.com/

dogtag
08-14-2023, 07:07
We're getting dumber.
In 1969 we could land on the moon.
Now we can't.
We should have had a shopping mall on Mars by now.

dryheat
08-14-2023, 07:15
Science marchs on, people stay the same.

Art
08-14-2023, 07:16
...or as we say down here, dumber than a sack of rocks, maybe dumber than a bag of hammers.

But seriously, the incompetence, both academic and social of most Gen Z people has gotten to be a real problem. Business are actually conducting classes to teach these people how to behave in an office, yes its true.

dryheat
08-14-2023, 09:58
If I owned a company and you showed up wearing shoes with no socks, you would be sent home.

Phloating Phlasher
08-15-2023, 11:30
Its a slow burn, you have to give Darwinism time to weed out the bad genes which can take time.
We're no dumber than we were & no smarter than the ancient peoples of "Ta Meri" on the Nile back in 3,000BC.
Its the technology that's changed, nothing else.

dogtag
08-15-2023, 04:44
But it's the people who preceded us that invented everything.

Phloating Phlasher
08-15-2023, 07:32
Not really.
It may be presented that way, but that & truth are strangers.
The trick to advancing is knowing & discriminating between good & bad "advances".
People today have a MUCH higher chance of surviving many types of Cancer, for example. The big 'C" used to be an automatic Death Sentence, it isn't anymore. That's good progress.
Buying a dodgy electric automobile you charge in the basement that burns your house to the ground & kills the inhabitants, & then you do it anyway, is bad "progress"
The trick to actual progress is figuring out which is which.

dryheat
08-16-2023, 03:43
So don't buy 1.0 of anything. If your friend tells you about some amazing new development that you should invest in or buy some of, step back a little. OK, you miss an opportunity; you're still alive and you didn't lose any money. Me giving advice about getting rich, when I never have gotten rich. Rich being kind of subjective.

dryheat
08-16-2023, 04:12
You have to start somewhere. We've come a ways. But if your going to spend all weekend putting a 500 piece puzzle together, you might/should wonder if there is something else you could be doing.
We aren't much smarter than the monkeys we are decended from so far. Maybe it's time for some senaps to get a charge. This murder stuff is getting old.