PDA

View Full Version : Comments

S.A. Boggs
10-08-2023, 11:14
Sam

Allen
10-08-2023, 11:51
They're all relevant. I live #5 every day.

rayg
10-08-2023, 02:21
Yes and number 5 for me also!

dogtag
10-08-2023, 02:27
#9 All the people my age have died.

Vern Humphrey
10-10-2023, 02:55
#9 All the people my age have died.

Yep. I tell the boys at the gym that I'm a lot stronger than the average man my age.

Life expectancy for a man is 76. I'll be 82 in December. I'm 6 years past my sell-by date.

My daughter teases me about all my girlfriends -- until I point out to her that all my men friends are dead.

Allen
10-10-2023, 04:14
I've actually considered being cremated when I die since I don't feel I could come up with 6 or 8 people to carry my coffin. My friends in high school and college, like me, grew up, married, stayed busy at work, raised a family and so on. Not much time for friends so we all drifted away.

My last job consisted of rotating 12hr shifts with forced overtime on the breaks between shifts. Many people that I knew thought I had moved away since no one saw me any more at home and about.

Then there was the Covid era where everyone just stayed to themselves.

Now, my wife nor I go out much, use to go to restaurants on a regular basis but now won't go near them. We haven't become hermits, we just don't socialize much at all any more. So, over time most of my friends have moved off, died, or just too sick to get out. Those that are left are pretty much my age and don't need to be tasked with carrying a heavy coffin.

rayg
10-10-2023, 05:50
I'm in the same boat at 84! However my mother lived to be 100. She had dementia the last few years but she was still pretty with it, Kept trying to escape the nursing and a couple times she made it out of the nursing home but was caught! I told this story before but one time when they checked on her while she was in bed they thought she was dead and called me to come however when I arrived she was out doing the rounds helping other people

omeproductive of course the last years she

Vern Humphrey
10-11-2023, 07:41
I've actually considered being cremated when I die since I don't feel I could come up with 6 or 8 people to carry my coffin. My friends in high school and college, like me, grew up, married, stayed busy at work, raised a family and so on. Not much time for friends so we all drifted away.

My last job consisted of rotating 12hr shifts with forced overtime on the breaks between shifts. Many people that I knew thought I had moved away since no one saw me any more at home and about.

Then there was the Covid era where everyone just stayed to themselves.

Now, my wife nor I go out much, use to go to restaurants on a regular basis but now won't go near them. We haven't become hermits, we just don't socialize much at all any more. So, over time most of my friends have moved off, died, or just too sick to get out. Those that are left are pretty much my age and don't need to be tasked with carrying a heavy coffin.

Cremation is the way to go. It's way cheaper than inhumation.

Remember, funerals are for the living -- and the less of a burden you put on them, the better.

S.A. Boggs
10-11-2023, 08:26
Just a thought.
Sam

Allen
10-11-2023, 08:45
That works too.

I think the mob popularized this system. Some of them owned construction companies so ground up bodies could be dumped on the ground before pouring cement slabs.

May be where Jimmy Hoffa was placed. 100 years or so when tall buildings are torn down and the ground excavated some small bone fragments will show up---maybe not.

dryheat
10-11-2023, 12:11
Locally this guy walked up the big city chopper. He took his wallet out and laid it on the sidewalk and then dove into the thing. They found the tip of a finger that they got a print from. I guess most of him went to the landfill along with the sawdust.

Vern Humphrey
10-11-2023, 01:22
Locally this guy walked up the big city chopper. He took his wallet out and laid it on the sidewalk and then dove into the thing. They found the tip of a finger that they got a print from. I guess most of him went to the landfill along with the sawdust.

Too bad a few other people don't choose that kind of exit.