PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, Utube goes on strike

dryheat
10-18-2023, 09:07
I use an Adblocker and love it. But now I get a warning that I'm a cheap SOB and my contribution helps millions worldwide. I don't care about them, but after a couple of vids I got shut down. Maybe tomorrow I can tap in. Maybe not, we'll see. I suppose eventually I will be forced to subscribe to something and pay. I guess I can't complain (but I will): I've watched thousands of vids for free. Some of them saved me loads of money with DIY stuff. But, everyone needs more money. I get taxed or pay fees now that I never did years ago.
I should be looking for a bigger wheel barrow before the price goes up. A cheap one: it's only carrying paper, or 1's and 0's these days.

Tenboremag
10-19-2023, 06:56
I'm running into that same problem..

dogtag
10-19-2023, 11:17
I'm driving my Datsun Truck now because it takes regular
and does 20 to the gallon.
My Land Rover takes the 90 and does 9 to the gallon.

Just filled the House Propane tank. Dreading the invoice
figure it'll be $600 +

lyman
10-19-2023, 06:46
I have been running adblocker + on chrome for years,
only issue with chrome is this website,
I have to run it on microsoft edge,

if a site does not like my adblocker, I have found I can open the site in incognito, and it works fine,

I listen to a lot of youtube with out any problems, in fact I don't get any issues at all on youtube runnign adblocker,

5thDragoons
10-19-2023, 07:35
No issues here. SW

dryheat
10-19-2023, 07:50
https://www.techspot.com/news/100524-youtube-intensifies-fight-against-ad-blockers-users-frustrated.html

This is a very fresh link. There are ways to circumvent this too but I'm not techy enough to figure it out.

dryheat
10-19-2023, 09:33
-either enable ads on the site or try its premium (paid) ad-free experience.-
So, it's not robbery, it's an "experience". I hate this new gen. Just being mean. It's their co., they can do what they want. It's winter in AZ. I want to spend more time outdoors anyway.