PDA

View Full Version : An old all time movie quote.

RED
11-26-2023, 04:17
I just saw the old western movie The Professionals on the Grit channel. I remembered the quote that ended the movie from the last time I saw it in the 1970s,

Grant angrily turns to Fardan and says, "You bastard!", to which Fardan retorts: "Yes, sir, in my case an accident of birth. But you, sir, you are a self-made man."

5thDragoons
11-26-2023, 05:13
One of my fave movie quotes is from Mountain Men. When Brian Keith was asked if he'd ever been lost, he replied, "I ain't never been lost! I was powerful confused for a couple months once, but I wasn't lost!" SW

lyman
11-26-2023, 06:19
I just saw the old western movie The Professionals on the Grit channel. I remembered the quote that ended the movie from the last time I saw it in the 1970s,

Grant angrily turns to Fardan and says, "You bastard!", to which Fardan retorts: "Yes, sir, in my case an accident of birth. But you, sir, you are a self-made man."

one of the best movies,, all star cast and done very well

bruce
11-27-2023, 04:50
Some of the western movies of that era were DOA. That was most certainly not the case with The Professionals! One of my all time favorites. Sincerely. bruce.

Allen
11-27-2023, 07:48
From the movie Top Secret (1984).

- Nick Rivers: Hillary. That's an unusual name.
- Hillary Flammond: It's a German name. It means she whose bosoms defy gravity.
- Nick Rivers: I'm pleased to meet you. My name's Nick.
- Hillary Flammond: Nick? What does that mean?
- Nick Rivers: Oh, nothing. My dad thought of it while he was shaving.

I know a little German. He's sitting over there.

Doctor Flamond: If they find out you've seen this, your life will be worth less than a truckload of dead rats in a tampon factory.

PWC
11-29-2023, 01:55
From the movie Top Secret (1984).

- Nick Rivers: Hillary. That's an unusual name.
- Hillary Flammond: It's a German name. It means she whose bosoms defy gravity.

Not descriptive of a politician I know of.

Allen
11-29-2023, 01:59
Not descriptive of a politician I know of.

Different last name. In her case it would stand for "airport wind socks on a calm day".

Phloating Phlasher
11-29-2023, 03:00
Best line evah! & I can't remember the movie! :eusa_wall:
I remember the actor as Jack Elam, but I may be mistaken. The closest I've found to the plot is "The Ballad of Cable Hoague", but he's not in it, so I'm probably mis-remembering it
A semi-comedic Western. He's a miner that's been claim-jumped & left for dead, but isn't. He's rescued & nursed back to health by the "saloon girls" who've been thrown out of one town & are moving to another. He's living in the new saloon/house of ill repute.
The killers hear of him & are coming to finish the job, but the salon girls are warning him.
Scene:
He's coming down the stairs wearing red long johns, cowboy boots, a battered hat & a gun-belt. The "madam" is trying to talk him out of a suicidal gunfight against 3 brothers who are claim-jumping gunslingers.
The line is:
"A man's got to do, what a man's got to do!" puts his arm around 2 of the girls, turns round & starts back up the stairs, saying, over his shoulder:
"and after that I'll just shoot the sons of bitches"!