PDA

View Full Version : Dash Cams

Allen
03-06-2024, 10:03
After watching numerous videos on YouTube I see the need to use a dash cam. I don't plan on getting into police chase scenes and experience a PIT maneuver on me but in every day driving we experience a lot and may need the film footage to defend ourselves in case of a wreck or lawsuit due to a wreck or such. (always good to have proof)

Since retired I don't drive much any more but some of you do. Cost has come WAY down and even the camera's that are priced around $20 have good reviews. I read where most of them take a micro film card (micro SD) but they re-write themselves after a few hours and lose a little clarity each time so standard cards are not recommended for a lot of use. There are cards made specifically for these camera's but I haven't looked for them or priced them yet.

Any of you use these or have comments about them? Problems? Brand you'd recommend?

JohnMOhio
03-06-2024, 08:24
I have one but have not used it. Have to get a "reader" because the micro cards are so small. I believe Best Buy has them. The last time I checked, B B did not have one in stock. In fact, the shelves looked somewhat bare in various parts of the store.

Allen
03-06-2024, 09:53
WalMart has them on-line as well as many sellers on ebay.

dryheat
03-07-2024, 06:54
If you watch Utube vids about "idiots driving" you see why almost everyone in Europe (mostly east) have dashcams.

RED
03-10-2024, 05:25
My daughter in law was in a car accident. It was just a little bump but the driver claimed her vehicle was totaled. But dash cam videos showed the damage was previous to the accident.

Allen
03-10-2024, 11:11
My daughter in law was in a car accident. It was just a little bump but the driver claimed her vehicle was totaled. But dash cam videos showed the damage was previous to the accident.

Her ins company should give her a discount for using a dash cam. Looks like she saved them some $.

Johnny P
03-13-2024, 06:55
When pigs fly.