PDA

View Full Version : Things to Ponder

Allen
06-12-2024, 07:37
Some of these are things we've all thought of at one time or another. Some may have obvious answers. Some will never be answered.

The last one is one I hadn't though of---I guess a game of picking apples wouldn't be too interesting.

Any questions to ponder?
1- What does an Egyptian pyramid do on a US dollar bill?
2- Why did 56 countries sign a treaty not to venture into Antarctica?
3- Why do planes never fly over Antarctica?
4- How did NASA "lose" the footage of the moon, probably one of the most important moments for humanity?
5- If Neil Armstrong was the first to set foot on the moon, who was holding the camera?
6- Why have we never gone back to the moon?
7- If monkeys evolved into people, why are monkeys still monkeys?
8- How does 95% of "garbage" DNA exist? Who decided this is actually "garbage"?
9- How were giant, symmetrical, detailed, sacred and geometrically solid structures such as cathedrals and parliament buildings created by people who lived in wooden huts, rode horse-drawn carriages and had no machines or lasers?
10- How is this same pre-Luvian architecture found all over the world?
11- Why are there images in ancient Egyptian art that appear to depict "spaceships"?
12- Why are remains and images of giant human beings found? And why are giants mentioned in several ancient writings of cultures distant from each other, including the Bible?
13- Why are there images of mushrooms in all ancient Christian art? And why is daddy dressing like giant mushrooms Amanita Muscaria?
15- Why do ancient Egyptian artworks represent pine trees and is it a coincidence that even the pineal gland looks like a pine?
16- Why are there depictions of dragons all over the world and in different cultures, thousands of years apart and is also mentioned in the Bible?
17- Why is there so much blatantly demonic symbolism in the music and entertainment industry?
18- Why most video games revolve around killing...

lyman
06-13-2024, 10:08
on the antartica plane, I guess there is no wear as far as destinations that would pass over,
very few fly over the north pole, (as I type there is a flight from Dubai to Houston that is over the north part of greenland, check flightradar24 for current as in real time , aircraft in the air)

Oyaji
06-13-2024, 11:40
Don't know about "overflights" but, there is and has been plenty of U. S. Air Force and U. S. Navy flights to the Antarctic continent in support of Operation DEEP FREEZE and other scientific endeavors. It was a Navy R4D-5L "Dakota" that made the first landing at the South Pole on 31 October 1956.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/10/06/how-the-military-helps-keep-research-operations-going-in-antarctica/

Vern Humphrey
06-13-2024, 12:16
1- What does an Egyptian pyramid do on a US dollar bill?

It's a masonic symbol. Many of the Founding fathers were masons.

2- Why did 56 countries sign a treaty not to venture into Antarctica?

To keep Antarctica pristine..

3- Why do planes never fly over Antarctica?

Where would they be going?

4- How did NASA "lose" the footage of the moon, probably one of the most important moments for humanity?

They're the government.

5- If Neil Armstrong was the first to set foot on the moon, who was holding the camera?

The first pictures were taken from inside the Lunar Landing Module.

6- Why have we never gone back to the moon?

No reason to go

7- If monkeys evolved into people, why are monkeys still monkeys?

Monkeys did NOT evolve in to people. We are descended from hominids -- big difference. But earlier hominids have all died out.

8- How does 95% of "garbage" DNA exist? Who decided this is actually "garbage"?

The DNA molecule is enormous. Much of each molecule is not needed.

9- How were giant, symmenormoiuetrical, detailed, sacred and geometrically solid structures such as cathedrals and parliament buildings created by people who lived in wooden huts, rode horse-drawn carriages and had no machines or lasers?

Go to Pompeii. You'll see wall paintings showing exactly how it was done -- with rollers, levers and block and tackle

10- How is this same pre-Luvian architecture found all over the world?

There are only so many ways you can build with only stone, timber and concrete.

11- Why are there images in ancient Egyptian art that appear to depict "spaceships"?

They only appear to depict "spaceships"

12- Why are remains and images of giant human beings found? And why are giants mentioned in several ancient writings of cultures distant from each other, including the Bible?

Presumably because some ancient peoples were much larger than we are, just as there are people much smaller than we are.

13- Why are there images of mushrooms in all ancient Christian art? And Prwhy is daddy dressing like giant mushrooms Amanita Muscaria?

I don't know of any ancient Christian art that shows mushrooms.

15- Why do ancient Egyptian artworks represent pine trees and is it a coincidence that even the pineal gland looks like a pine?

Which artworks do you mean? Post a picture.

16- Why are there depictions of dragons all over the world and in different cultures, thousands of years apart and is also mentioned in the Bible?

They are not all the same dragon.

17- Why is there so much blatantly demonic symbolism in the music and entertainment industry?

The music and entertainment industry tries to shock people. They make a lot of money that way.

18- Why most video games revolve around killing...e

Because it makes them more exciting.

Allen
06-13-2024, 01:16
#7. You sure that isn't hemorrhoids ?

JohnMOhio
06-13-2024, 06:58
You have something there Allen. There are many folks out there that are a pain in the butt.

Vern Humphrey
06-14-2024, 11:52
You have something there Allen. There are many folks out there that are a pain in the butt.
One of my patron saints is Saint Fiacre. He specialized in hemorrhoids. In the Middle Ages, hemorrhoids were called "Fiacre's figs." Whenever I have to deal with people o a certain stripe, I say, "Saint Fiacre, help me."