09-02-2024, 06:16
My annual day of labor now.

JohnMOhio
09-07-2024, 09:13
Allen, are you bragging or complaining?

Allen
09-07-2024, 11:01
Allen, are you bragging or complaining?

I enjoy being retired. Actually I did nothing on labor day.

M1Tommy
09-09-2024, 10:12
I enjoy being retired. Actually I did nothing on labor day.

My congratulations!
At 62, I am seeing that on the horizon, nearing nowadays.

Tommy

Allen
09-09-2024, 11:19
My congratulations!
At 62, I am seeing that on the horizon, nearing nowadays.

Tommy

You will never look back.

You might want to consider signing up asap too for your SS. You'll use less of your retirement funds to live off of plus you never know when the gov't will take it away, reduce it or tax it to kingdom come.

If you do what is recommended (by them) you can wait till you're 90 and collect bigger checks. Maybe one or two of them.

Retire as soon as you can afford it. The longer you wait the shorter your time of freedom and the more apt you are to develop health problems.

M1Tommy
09-09-2024, 12:24
You will never look back.
You might want to consider signing up asap too for your SS. You'll use less of your retirement funds to live off of plus you never know when the gov't will take it away, reduce it or tax it to kingdom come. ...

I hear you there. I am online with the SS folks now, and look at matters there, considering and ciphering not infrequently.

..........If you do what is recommended (by them) you can wait till you're 90 and collect bigger checks. Maybe one or two of them. ....

Yep, keep at the grindstone as long, long, long as you can, is their goal.... for just what you described.

......Retire as soon as you can afford it. The longer you wait the shorter your time of freedom and the more apt you are to develop health problems.

And yep, the old check-engine light flickers on a bit more often already. I am looking forward to being "there" as you describe.
Thanks for that..... downright inspiring! :headbang:
Tommy