No, I didn't miss it. I didn't miss it as I was making it.

Some people collect antique cars. To that crowd every car is valued on originality. Others create hot rods. To that crowd original doesn't matter as it's simply material to mold. When a collector of original cars encounters a hot rod their "judgement" won't be positive. What they fail to come to grips with is that it's simply opinion. Others do not agree. This doesn't mean they're wrong as it's not a question of right and wrong. It's opinion and style.

Guns are no different. You have an opinion on what's permitted and what's not. That's your opinion. I tossed that back via the Hotchkiss. Works both ways but I fully understand that and was making that point. The number of original M-1896 cadets is zero. Nada. They don't exist. Thus anything I bake up has zero possibility of being real. On guns that don't exist, but you wish to illustrate, you have to bake them. By definition. Baking up an 1898 likely isn't useful as they exist. Thus somebody can get burned. Baking up a cadet or Colt-Krag is a different horse entirely. They exists in electron format only.

That is the point. If given the choice of baking up a gun which doesn't exist or "restoring" one to a level where it'll be taken as real - I go with the former.

Everything baked in the book is listed as baked. I even show how it was baked. Do I need to do that here? No. This is a web site.

I posted the picture of that "Cadet" to see how well it was baked. The reactions told me the answer. It could have been an interesting thread. Instead it was hijacked.