Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Checking out a 2019 Jeep Compass Trail Hawk with all the bells and whistles for 17,500 and <65,000 miles. Color is blue and the pictures appear good, not stock pics. Local dealer has it, along with another with higher mileage and lower cost.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Checking out a 2019 Jeep Compass Trail Hawk with all the bells and whistles for 17,500 and <65,000 miles. Color is blue and the pictures appear good, not stock pics. Local dealer has it, along with another with higher mileage and lower cost.
    Sam
    Read the reviews/complaints. I've read about a lot of problems with these and they don't have good resale value.

But, history constantly changes and all the reviews now may be "great".

Upon further reading the 2019 was among the best of the 2nd generation as far as reliability goes. I'm sure your mechanic will advise you one way or the other.
    Last edited by Allen; 06-05-2024 at 05:21.

Blog Entries

JEEP

Just
    Empty
    Every
    Pocket,

so says a friend that has a relatively new one,

This is not my first radio and there are NO cheap Jeep's, but man are they fun! F150 are expensive to maintain and gas. 18mpg/10 in 4x4 with the habit of blowing plugs and having to have the plug relined. Lost two @ $100 a pop!
    Sam

Sam, we wish only the best for you and yes, there are faults with most every make vehicle.

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep has NOT been an American owned/engineered product since 1998 so don't bank every thing now against how good (or bad) your previous Jeeps were.

Glad you found something that interested you. Good luck with it.

I have had some good ones and ones that were less than stellar. I know there will be problems, that is a fact of my life, and I will deal with what I am dealt. I take care of my vehicles and do a great deal of preventive Maintenace to keep them running. From day one, my vehicles have a logbook that I keep in the vehicle to record Maintenace and or any issues.
    My first major purchase are better tires suited for snow, which we often get in abundance. The tires I have, if the tread is still good, will be put into my shed for warm weather use. Vehicle has Penzoil and I will continue with this brand, as I have used it in my F150.
    Sam

My old friend Grog had an M-38 with a 289 V-8, 4-speed, transfer case and positrack. THAT was a Jeep!

jn

Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post
    My old friend Grog had an M-38 with a 289 V-8, 4-speed, transfer case and positrack. THAT was a Jeep!

jn
    Sounds like it.

A time proven reliable engine, no computer, no a/c, probably no heater even, no smog crap, basic vehicle.

Back when AMC was in business and owned Jeep at the time, they made a model (CJ-5) with an optional 304 V8. The bodies were bad about rusting then but the ones that survived are in demand now.