Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Coffee Thread

Blog Entries

Good day to stay inside with big glass of tea...112? in Phoenix. I put my patio thermometer in the sun for grins and giggles and the needle is buried 2" past 120?.
    Last edited by PWC; 06-06-2024 at 01:53.

From about 10 days ago on our way back from Thompson.
    Little Limestone Lake showing weather that has been pretty much the norm for the last 3 weeks or so.

Location signage. Apparently there aren't too many actual blue water freshwater lakes like this. Interesting place, anyways. Both taken with the 50mm f1.8 AF-D on the D-810 in program mode.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post

Location signage. Apparently there aren't too many actual blue water freshwater lakes like this. Interesting place, anyways. Both taken with the 50mm f1.8 AF-D on the D-810 in program mode.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    Hey Doc . . . .What do you suppose a “marl lake” is?

It's got something to do with the type of limestone that covers the lake bottom. There's some sort of reaction formed by the released chemicals from the stone into the water that form crystals that refract blue light. I did look it up.
    There are whitefish and walleye and pike in there. It is a fairly large lake, about 12 miles long and 4 miles wide at it's widest. It would be interesting to fish it.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail