Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate cops!

Default I hate cops!

There are a few professionals that serve the people.

It has cost me thousands of dollars dealing with highway robbers, bullies, and con artists with badges.

Right now if a robber broke into my house and stole guns and gold, I would not report the theft.

The robbers would walk and I would get 10 years in prison because some of my guns were not stored properly!

Just an example, Curryville, MO, population of 200 people and had 4 cop cars, 5 cops, a prosecutor, a city judge, and 98% of the city's income was from traffic tickets.

Just a worker traveling to a new customer and just trying to make a living. $600 was the fine + court cost.
    Last edited by RED; 06-25-2024 at 02:19.

That ended in Curryville several years ago when a friend of mine became Mayor. They might have one cop now, although I travel thru there a lot going to Mark Twain Lake, and I can't remember seeing one in quite a while. Speed limit is 35 now all the way thru town and dose not suddenly drop to 30 because of a sign partially hidden by a tree. Still, back when that nonsense was going on, if you kept it under 30 for three blocks you were OK.

Then as if you haven't been punished enough, your insurance company hikes up your auto rates for their fair share.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    Then as if you haven't been punished enough, your insurance company hikes up your auto rates for their fair share.
    this is true,

FWIW, I have a customer that is a cop in West Point, Va,

33 is the easy way to get to the 'Rivah' from RVA and points west, so it has become a speed trap
    from I64 to West Point it is 55 (don't go over 60) the 45 ,(don't go over 50)
    once you cross the river into West Point it is 35, and you best be going 35, and stop at the 2 lights

he told me he wrote over $400,000 in tickets last year

Default Ryan Wingo

Think you hate cops. Check out this psychopath.

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2...americas-worst

One solution to the problem of traffic tickets being a significant source of income to municipalities would be for all fines to be paid to the state instead of the municipality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    One solution to the problem of traffic tickets being a significant source of income to municipalities would be for all fines to be paid to the state instead of the municipality.
    But we have state troopers (state highway police) who do nothing but write speeding tickets and work wrecks. They are NOT lenient either.

I think we would see a significant increase in their numbers and ticket writing if this were to occur along with a decrease in municipal police forces. To some extent it already happens. Troopers write traffic tickets within the jurisdiction of city and county police districts already. Also, with the loss of revenue the cities and counties would just increase everyone's property taxes more.

Like any form of taxation/fines/fee's/tickets, every cent should be accounted for and published for the public to see and not stuffed into some politicians or judges pocket.
    Last edited by Allen; 06-27-2024 at 06:55.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    is that the way it works in Canada?

Simple thing is to do away with laws...no laws, no crime.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Simple thing is to do away with laws...no laws, no crime.
    Sam
    Sadly enough that is already happening.

No longer laws that prevent the invasion of our country.

No longer laws that arrest drug sellers and users. Legalization push for pot.

Short to no jail time for rape and murder.

Laws not being enforced that involve a lot of effort/time/expense.