Thread: Krag handguard

1. Default Krag handguard

Has anyone found a new source for repro handguards? I know S & S used to get them from time to time and when East Taylor was around they also had them. How about the spring clips? Asking for a future project. TIA. JOEZ

2. Default

Tumbleweeds & crickets again.

I have a few originals for sale - trouble is I put them away somewhere "safe" and now need to find them!!!

4. Default

Thanks for the offer. Was more inclined to look for new wood for a match to a new stock. Very much appreciate the response!

Suggest you try the: oldguns.net, and preuse the parts forumd.

I have seen some of the handguards.

Gold Luck.

Take a look at Ebay. There is a Krag hand guard (new production) for sale. Might work for you. HTH. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

7. Default

Thank you Sirs. Exactly what I have been doing. Haven't scored yet but I'm still on the lookout. Will keep advised.

If you are going the repro route, one of the repro hand guards currently on Ebay would likely work. For clips, . . . possibly find a broken M-1 rear hand guard. Remove the spring clip. Drill it for necessary rivets. Bend the tips in to grip the Krag barrel. Would not show from the outside. Would likely hold in place. Another idea, . . . get a hacksaw blade. Heat it and bend it around a piece of pipe sizing it till it fits the barrel. Bend the tips in for it to hold on the barrel. Drill and then use flat brass rivets to hold the hand guard. You can also try using the steel strip from a radiator hose clamp. Again, it would not be "correct," but it could be bent and made to work till another option became available. HTH. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Re: Handguard. Found the following link that would surely prove helpful to you in fitting a hand guard to your rifle. The gentleman who does this video has an entire series on making, fitting and finishing from scratch a stock/handguard for the Krag infantry rifle. Hopefully this will be of use to you. Will follow your project with interest. Sincerely. bruce.

https://youtu.be/35HI5AVxIKA?si=HUqOx2CUHo_KL-RW