Default Weaver 2.5 Problem

Briefly, bought a extremely nice accurate 03-A4 replica about eight years ago. Came w/ a Weaver 2.5 scope. Unfortunately, the cross hairs have gone south. I am not about to start trying to fiddle around with a scope! Is there anyone who knows of a individual or company that can replace/fix the cross hairs in a older model Weaver 2.5 scope? Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Several places advertise Weaver repair. Weaver says Bushnell does their repair.

Blog Entries

I have had several scopes repaired by Iron Sight out of Tusla,

Thank you for the kind replies. Have recently retired. Lot has changed. Can't blow money, etc. on hobby. Do need to get this scope repaired as I would like to shoot it in vintage matches. Very accurate with jacketed and especially cast lead loads. Affordable! Had a Bushnell 1-4 that I can use to shoot, but not work for vintage matches. Will contact Weaver and Iron Sight. Should have already thought of Weaver. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

you might like to contact the following place: www.vintagegunscopes.com I understand they do excellent work.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Thank you the comments and suggestions for repair! Very much appreciate! Sincerely. bruce.

I have an original 03-A4 with an original M73B1 scope that is very accurate. Shoots very well with the 168gr Sierra Matchkings, and bought some 155 gr. Sierra MK's, but have not loaded any yet. Mine is two groove, but have not tried cast lead in it.

Top rifle is 1932 NM.

Re: two groove. My 03-A4replica has a new 2-groove Remington barrel. Before the scope went catawonkas, it was averaging 1.0 inches for five shot groups using Winchester 150 gr. hunting ammunition. With Greek HKP, it was shooting under 1.25 inches. Remington shot like the Winchester. Have found that the two groove barrels work very well w/ cast lead bullets. Have fired many 10 shot strings of 1.5 or less using Unique and Red Dot w/ Hunter Supply 165 gr. bevel base flat point bullets. Loaded over 8.5 gr. of Unique, this gives me excellent results in vintage matches, especially if fired on the SR-1. Loaded over the C.E. Harris load (The Load. 13.0 gr. of Red Dot), I have had superlative results on out well beyond the 100 yd. mark. Will say, 8.5 gr. of Unique in my rifles with this bullet work about like a .22 LR at 100 yds. In very cold weather, I've had the bullets loose base stability as the velocity dropped. If you use this load in very cold weather, say 25-28 degrees, the bullets will yaw and strike the target less than nose on. Just tell everyone you are shooting "Sidewinder missiles." Still will produce a very excellent score. And, if you sideways bullet touches the line, you get the extra point! Sincerely. bruce.