Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New glasses

Default New glasses

Makes me feel like I am on a cheap drunk.
    Sam

????

So you see better with them or worse?

Wearing spectacles is often a necessary but, genuine pain in the ass. How do I know? First hand experience from wearing the damn things to see clearly for 50+ years until I had cataract surgery done and haven't worn them since. They always seem to be in need of cleaning, easily broken or bent out of shape, often times lost or misplaced, and have to be replaced regularly with a new prescription by one's D.O./optician. I am so happy with the cataract surgery I received on both eyes 6 years ago; only wish I had done it sooner. It is absolutely amazing what a Doctor of Ophthalmology (M.D) can do to surgically correct one's vision in this day and age using the latest technology.
    Last edited by Oyaji; 07-27-2024 at 07:37.

What I found after surgery was being able to see color. I didn't realize I was loosing the ability to see them. My surgery was in the fall and the color of leaves etc was astounding.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    ????

So you see better with them or worse?
    Depends on what I am looking at.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
    Wearing spectacles is often a necessary but, genuine pain in the ass. How do I know? First hand experience from wearing the damn things to see clearly for 50+ years until I had cataract surgery done and haven't worn them since. They always seem to be in need of cleaning, easily broken or bent out of shape, often times lost or misplaced, and have to be replaced regularly with a new prescription by one's D.O./optician. I am so happy with the cataract surgery I received on both eyes 6 years ago; only wish I had done it sooner. It is absolutely amazing what a Doctor of Ophthalmology (M.D) can do to surgically correct one's vision in this day and age using the latest technology.
    I agree, but in addition . . .
    When wearing ALL the necessary ad-ons at the same time is a REAL pain in the ass!
    Behind my ears, are located hearing aids, eyeglass limbs, and where necessary, the strings of those damnable masks!
    It gets mighty crowded back there!

Thank God for glasses!!! Teachers thought I was slow when I started school (1962). By 3rd grade, teacher realized I couldn't see clearly. Glasses changed my world! Right eye is "lazy," nothing to be done. But, left eye is good, just a little astigmatism. I'll take that any day of the week! Now, when I develop cataracts, I'll have the doctor do the lease thing. It gave my 75 year old father 8 years of exceptional vision. If I live as long as he did, I'll have maybe 20 years of the best vision ever. Now, as to behind the ear hearing aids, all I can say is it really is not a problem w/ my glasses. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

It's worth the extra effort and discomfort to be able to see. Losing your sense of smell, taste, feeling, hearing, etc can be stressful but tolerable. Going blind isn't.
    Last edited by Allen; 07-28-2024 at 06:16.

9. Default

It may not be you!
    I've gone back 6 times the last time I got new glasses. The first 5 were mis-ground, incorrectly centered or badly fitted, in each case the "old" prescription was better!

My mother had to wear bifocals and always complained about how half of everything was always a blur.

I've been wearing reading glasses since I was 40. It's a royal pain but something you have to put up with to see/read.