Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New glasses

Got the replacements and have adjusted to them. Much better then b4 and larger plane.

Sam

2. Default

That's good to hear.

I had the bifocals also. Went to the progressive lens. (Note: these are non-political lenses.) Took about a week to get used to them. Never going backwards to the bifocals and bobbing my head up and down to see through the correct lens for something close or far away.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMOhio View Post
    What I found after surgery was being able to see color. I didn't realize I was loosing the ability to see them. My surgery was in the fall and the color of leaves etc was astounding.

my wife had her cataracts done 2 yrs ago, she commented to me afterwards that she did not realize how many leaves were on a tree,

when I asked what she was talking about, (I was 20\10, but now about 20\20 with readers) she said before the surgery trees always looked a bit like a green blob, as in she could not see the individual leaves

My new glasses are a pain! The tri vocals are useless and I only see clearly anything farther away than arms lenght. I use my old glasses for reading and close in work!

Blog Entries

Current glasses took 2 trips to the optician to get lens' ground to the prescription. Two years now and I'm using my readers with the computer. Tried progressives...didn't work. I guess it's time to have my eyes checked again.

7. Default

Get your glasses checked for fit & grind. This was what it took me 6 visits to get sorted out!

When I had cataract surgery I had the option of having one eye set for distance and the other eye set for reading. This is now a common arrangement and I was assured that after a few days my brain would adapt and that I wouldn't need glasses for either purpose. I decided that my brain was likely independent of the doctor's experience and opted to have both eyes set for reading since I read or use computers more than I drive. I'm actually very happy with that decision but found that I needed to get bifocals for driving since I needed the reading area on the lens in order to easily and quickly read the dials on the dashboard.

Mark I did just the opposite. In my post above, I should have mentioned that with my cataract surgery I opted for only requiring glasses for reading and close-up work. For the vast majority of the time (probably 80% or better) and I love the freedom of not having to wear glasses for operating a motor vehicle and other outdoor activities. I was even able to pass the vision test at the DMV and have the eyeglass restriction removed from my driver's license. While I no longer carry glasses on my person, I do have a set of reading glasses on my workbench and nightstand.

My wife had to have cataract surgery for both eyes about 8 years ago. She started losing her vision and went to the doctor. We were both surprised when he said she had cataracts since we have always associated cataracts with cloudy looking eyes. She had and has very beautiful brown clear eyes.

She elected for the near sighted lenses since she uses her tablet/laptop constantly along with texting messages. The eye surgeon assured her she could still see OK at distances and would only need to wear contacts or glasses when driving. That was a lie. After the surgery she can see OK up close and no longer has to wear reading glasses but sitting only 15' from the TV she has to wear glasses now and drives very little but sees OK when she does with the glasses (not needed before).

Overall, even though not as promised and originally displeased, she is OK with (or lives with) the results. W/O the surgery her eyesight would have only gotten worse so she had to do something.

Point being you can have cataracts and not know it.
    Last edited by Allen; 08-03-2024 at 09:00.