Default New (for me) ammo for my suppressed .22 pistol and AR .22LR upper.

I never knew or ever heard of a 60mg .22LR bullet.

Here it is : https://www.aguilaammo.com/products/...ad-solid-point.

This thing is amazing. It is a bit louder than 40mg sub sonic ammo in my suppressed Taurus TX-22., but is close to the other subsonic ammo and operates the action positively.

A longer barrel (20" is preferred) but I can hit a beer can at 25 yards most of the time with the pistol but is better in the 16" AR upper.

The elongated projectile has a .22short brass shell but always works.

The link describing the round states a faster barrel twist but it doesn't state what the twist is or should be. Any idea.
    Might be something I would like to try in my Rem. 513T.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Wow! i had a chance today to test accuracy. It was terrible. I had to be just lucky to hit a beer can 2 times. Even the maker says a 20" barrel helps. As you said barrel twist is a must. A .223/5.56 has a twist of 9" while a .22LR has a 17".

I'll check the accuracy in my 16" upper .22LR dedicated AR upper.! i'll not use it in my TX-22 pistol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMOhio View Post
    The link describing the round states a faster barrel twist but it doesn't state what the twist is or should be. Any idea.
    Might be something I would like to try in my Rem. 513T.
    try the colibri in your 513

22lr brass, primer, no powder and a choice of 2 light bullet weights,

very accurate at short range thru my anschutz (have not tried it in the 513) and no noise

As I recall, I believe Remington recommended .22 LR either Match or Standard Velocity for the 513T.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.