Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The only clock needed after retirement

I usually know the time or about what time it is but have to think sometimes about what day it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Everyday is a holiday!

Quote Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
    Everyday is a holiday!
    +1

Well said.

I have two medicine dispensers that tell me the date and morning/nite.
    Sam

Blog Entries

Never need the word "vacation" after retirement. That implies going back to work. Every day is Saturday except Sunday.

Sometimes tho, "Every day is just another bite out of the sh!t sandwich"!! LOL

[QUOTE=Major Tom;658690]Sometimes tho, "Every day is just another bite out of the sh!t sandwich"!! LOL[/QUOTE

You're not having lunch at Subway, are you? Might wanna try Jimmy John's or Jersey Mike's.
    Last edited by Oyaji; 08-13-2024 at 01:38.

I had a colleague who retired. A few months later, he came back to the office for a going-away party and I asked him how he was finding retirement. He said that "every day is a Sunday" and that he was amusing himself by building a small house for his daughter (He is an engineering technologist). Turned out that after he had finished the house, he was so bored and without focus that he had a nervous breakdown that lasted until he went back to work.

I fully understand this. I retired at age 57 and then went back to work twice and finally retired at age 67. It took me about 5 years to fully accept that I was not going to go back to work again.

Blog Entries

For at least 6 months after retirement, when .y wife and I were out during the day, I kept feeling guilty because I wasn't at "work".

For 2 yrs after I retired from the USAF every Sept or Oct my wife and I both got antsy feeling like new orders were coming.

When I retired after 45 plus years of sales I never looked back. Felt great not to have to consider/worry as to keeping a client and or finding another replacement. Always looking for a new client. It felt as of a really heavy load was removed. Especially the mental one.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.