Default My newest sleeping partner

thumbnail.jpg
    Daughter was coming home from church and found this little half-starved kitten trying to cross the highway. He adopted me and I named him Elwood from the movie Harvey. If I am in my recliner or computer chair here, he comes to sit on my shoulder. @ the reloading bench he sits by my chair. My two K9's aren't too pleased.
    Sam

I was a cat person long before I became a dog person. You can get just as attached to a cat as a dog and they do all have their own personalities like a dog.

Males are generally more gentle and less apt to scratch you, even accidentally. Some males (or Tom's) do need to be neutered though if kept in the house as some will "mark" their territory when they become a little older.

And yes, dogs do show jealousy. At least they are accepting the new member.

Thanks for sharing.

20240221_140147.jpg
    Heidi likes to sit on my lap as well but, a large dog is quite heavy.
    Sam

Assuming you will be taking the cat to the vet one day soon for the usual shots and checkups, ask the vet about heart worm meds. A lot of people feel cats can't be bitten by the mosquito that causes the worms but they can via the nose and ears. I feel we lost a couple of cats to an early death this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Assuming you will be taking the cat to the vet one day soon for the usual shots and checkups, ask the vet about heart worm meds. A lot of people feel cats can't be bitten by the mosquito that causes the worms but they can via the nose and ears. I feel we lost a couple of cats to an early death this way.
    Ours go to the vet for everything and are not allowed outside. 3 dogs and 3 cats to the vet yearly, one every other month!
    Sam

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

WE had a great Pyrenees that thought she was a lap dog at 128 pounds. She was a real sweet dog and a GREAT watchdog when she needed to be.