Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Phloating Phlasher View Post
    Its actually a water dispersant, No 40.
    I use it for starting fuel too on small engines.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
    Try Birchwood Casey's Gun Scrubber or brake cleaner followed up with a shot of Rem-Oil aerosol.
    This,

kroil does good too

Kroil is a GREAT penetrant for loosening stuck fittings and cleaning firearms but boy-o boy it has a lingering and to me, sickening odor. I only use it when absolutely necessary. PB Blaster in an aerosol can is another highly effective penetrant to use.
    Last edited by Oyaji; 09-17-2024 at 11:05.

Where I used to work Kroil oil was supplied in 42gal barrels. We would fill our spray bottles with it and spray down valve stems (outside) that were to be operated within a day or two. After a couple or three days or so the oil would have evaporated off. Again, this was outside. I don't know if there are different types but ours was dyed red.

Outside, in the elements, what held up was anti-seize compound, a mixture of grease and graphite (some have copper) and no, you wouldn't want to put this on your gun. The gun would be fine but your hands and everything else would be black from the grease. Very messy but it is good stuff. I use it at home for certain auto parts, BBQ grills and fasteners on equipment that operates at high temperatures that I expect will have to be removed sometime in the future.

Drill a small hole in the metal cap for the fuze to stick out. Place a cherry bomb/M80 in it, light and throw like a grenade and you will give the term "dirty bomb" a whole new definition.
    Attached Images Attached Images

As mentioned, there are other gun products specific to cleaning and lubricating firearms.