Default Do your Christmas shopping now

Went to Walmart today and had trouble finding things due to so much stuff being rearranged to make way for the Christmas lights and ornaments.

At this rate, come Dec 1st all you will be able to find is Valentine stuff, then maybe a month later Easter items.

I didn't see (nor look for) any Thanksgiving items. I guess WM makes enough money off of food for that occasion and may not be interested in TG decorations and such.

Christmas seems to come earlier every year. It's bad enough my wife watches all those Hallmark Christmas movies year round.
    Last edited by Allen; 09-20-2024 at 06:33.

Our local Walmart store is doing a store wide remodel. It is impossible to find what you are looking for! Even store employees don't have a clue!

3. Default WalMart

This must be a company wide thing. It is hard to even get inside the local WalMart, much less find anything once you are there.

Mom has worked for them for over 20 years, last 4 have been rough. Mom and daughter are in assets recovery with people stealing like crazy, now food is on the list. The stores get what the warehouses stock and if warehouses don't have it then stores can't get it!
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Mom has worked for them for over 20 years, last 4 have been rough. Mom and daughter are in assets recovery with people stealing like crazy, now food is on the list. The stores get what the warehouses stock and if warehouses don't have it then stores can't get it!
    Sam
    We've all heard of WM firing employee's because they tried to stop a shoplifter as they existed through the front door. Our local WM's use to have uniformed local police watching as people left the store. Now, nothing----a person can steal anything they want and no one is going to say anything.

Even before all this "woke" attitude came about most purchases made in the electronics departments and paid for at the electronics department will still sound the door alarm when a person tries to leave. It's happened to me several times and at different stores----something the stores are aware of but won't correct, so the door alarm is mostly ignored.

Then there is the self-check that's being crammed down everyone's throat in lui of hiring cashiers. This highly encourages shoppers to skip items around the scanner when no one is looking.

The corporation seems to encourage thief---now they're getting it.
    Last edited by Allen; 09-20-2024 at 02:46.