Default Hiroshima August 6, 1945

Interesting fact, to me anyhow, is I was born almost to the minute when the 'bomb' hit Hiroshima. I was born on August 7, 1945 at 8:30 AM. Because of world time zones, bingo! Where's my prize??
    Dad was in the Pacific Theater and received the news days later!
    Last edited by Major Tom; 09-26-2024 at 04:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    Interesting fact, to me anyhow, is I was born almost to the minute when the 'bomb' hit Hiroshima. I was born on August 7, 1945 at 8:30 AM. Because of world time zones, bingo! Where's my prize??
    Well, maybe no prize for you but the prize for us is we developed the A-bomb before Germany and Japan.

The prize for Germany was the bomb wasn't completed soon enough.

The prize for Japan was we only had the two bombs.

Back in those days, a Mother spent a day or two when giving childbirth. Mom said the nursing staff had put small U.S. flags all over her room!
    Last edited by Major Tom; 09-26-2024 at 04:27. Reason: spelling

Allen, incorrect, we had 3 bombs.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMOhio View Post
    Allen, incorrect, we had 3 bombs.
    We set one off in the desert (here) to test, then the two that were gifted to Japan. We had an additional bomb and didn't drop it?

We had one core that could have been used. It was not at that time in a useable weapon. Google "demon core." The two bombs dropped saved 100's of millions of lives. Initially, it saved the lives of American soldiers and Japanese soldiers and civilians from needless death as a result of the planned invasion of the Japanese home islands. As well, it saved untold millions and millions of lives of people who would have starved to death as a direct result of the continuation of fighting. Without the two atom bombs being used, untold numbers of people would have faced lack of food due to the inability to work the land, transport crops to market, produce food products, etc. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    We had one core that could have been used. It was not at that time in a useable weapon. Google "demon core." The two bombs dropped saved 100's of millions of lives. Initially, it saved the lives of American soldiers and Japanese soldiers and civilians from needless death as a result of the planned invasion of the Japanese home islands. As well, it saved untold millions and millions of lives of people who would have starved to death as a direct result of the continuation of fighting. Without the two atom bombs being used, untold numbers of people would have faced lack of food due to the inability to work the land, transport crops to market, produce food products, etc. Sincerely. bruce.
    +1