Default Have you ever lost a gun?

If you do, do you need to report it to the LEO's? I have a strange loss and don't know if it is just misplaced, stolen, etc.

I fell at home about 5:00AM, and was bleeding pretty bad. I had blood in my eyes and couldn't drive. I called an ambulance and in a few minutes I had 3 cops, 4EMT's and a curious neighbor in my house.

I think the gun was in my car but it is gone. The cops told me they would lock up the house and car. They did not lock the front door and the car was locked... but the passenger window was all the way down.

I have the serial numbers, etc

Any thoughts?

I've experienced similar 911 calls where everyone shows up IN your house including the volunteer fire dept people and won't leave. It is my understanding that when you call an ambulance the police are required to show up due to some ambulance divers reporting assaults when they arrived, BUT the police should leave after there is an "all clear"--THEY DON'T.

If anything at all is removed from your home during this time for any reason (or no reason) you are suppose to get a list of what was removed. You may want to contact the police, sheriffs dept or whoever an ask for such a list.

You can always report the gun/guns as stolen. If they show up later (lost in your home) then OK.
    Last edited by Allen; 10-03-2024 at 09:43.

To paraphrase Daniel Boone.....

"I've never lost a gun, but I was powerful confused for about three days once."

Blog Entries

call the police and report it missing\stolen and also your insurance co,

if you find it later, just call them back and say oops, found it,

be sure to let both know you had multiple people in the house and don't insinuate they stole it, just it went missing

and be sure to search the car, house etc 100% before you do

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    call the police and report it missing\stolen and also your insurance co,

if you find it later, just call them back and say oops, found it,

be sure to let both know you had multiple people in the house and don't insinuate they stole it, just it went missing

and be sure to search the car, house etc 100% before you do
    I have been looking for 10 days and found it. It was in my roll around walker basket. The net basket is black and so is the gun. There was some cups and towels on top of it. I guess I am just being paranoid!

Glad you found the missing firearm, Red. It wasn't too long ago that I was searching for my misplaced wallet when the wife found it in the refrigerator next to the cheddar cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
    Glad you found the missing firearm, Red. It wasn't too long ago that I was searching for my misplaced wallet when the wife found it in the refrigerator next to the cheddar cheese.
    Part of getting old. Get used to the new "normal".

Who needs drugs or Alzheimer's when you've got old?

Hey Red! Very glad your pistol turned up! You are not the only one who has misplaced a pistol or rifle and then looked all over the place before finding it. Did the same thing back in 2012. Took me almost a year before I found my Colt Hbar. Also found the missing case of ammunition that I'd forgotten. My wife sometimes reminds me of that lost rifle when I misplace other items around the house. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

9. Default

Knew a guy whose GF lost an earring at his place.
    Wife found it.

CO does have a law requiring lost/stolen guns be reported.
    Last edited by barretcreek; 10-04-2024 at 03:03.