Thread: Life in Alabama

Default Life in Alabama

Number 6 doesn't apply but most others do. I haven't even heard of anyone in any state wearing overalls at a funeral.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

Most folks here have a pair of almost new black Levis or Wranglers for funerals. Weddings too; same difference.

That Chevy better be a dually. Haven't seen RC in while, nor red pop.

Quote Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
    Most folks here have a pair of almost new black Levis or Wranglers for funerals. Weddings too; same difference.

I always liked RC and Lotta Cola (Double Cola was scarce here) but yeah, in the days past all soft drinks here were referred to as a Coke. A Pepsi wasn't a real Coke.

I had a Benz once. Absolute junk. I would consider a Yugo being a better status symbol. Trucks are VERY popular here especially since family cars are no longer made. Cars are getting smaller and smaller but people and family's aren't. SUV's like full size Blazers and Bronco's started off as a good thing but now mostly all that is available is FWD (front wheel drive) go-cart type runabouts.
    Last edited by Allen; 10-06-2024 at 09:58.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post

Barq's in a bottle with "dimples" on the glass. Moon Pies to go with RC, eventhough they don't taste as good as they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    Moon Pies to go with RC, eventhough they don't taste as good as they used to.
    You got that right!

Gimme An R C Cola and a Moon Pie - Big Bill Lister