Default Recommendation for Best Auto .22 lr Pistol

I am looking for a .22 lr auto pistol that is reliable. What are your recommendations?

Have had extremely good results with Ruger Mk. II's. Have bought and shot and swapped a bunch of them. Nearest thing to problem free using good ammunition. The target model w/ heavy barrel is about the best of the best. Once had a Goverment Model w/ the longer barrel. It was accurate but just to heavy for anything but use at the range. For just carrying and shooting in the woods/fields, I really like the Standard Model, it's everything you need and nothing more. HTH. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Lots of good .22LR pistols on the market. I've had good luck with Hi Standard back in the day and even S&W Model 41s when I was into bullseye competition although they can be finicky with ammo. Standard velocity 40g is generally best. I currently have a couple Browning Buckmarks and a Ruger Mark IV which are very reliable and provide decent enough accuracy for most folks.

Blog Entries

Best for what? Plinking, hunting, competition, target shooting? Big $$ swings there.