Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WTB: used M1 gas cylinder

I want to make a wall display with my M1 garand rifle. I would like to display it's bayonet separate from the rifle.
    So, I need a used or junk gas cylinder to mount the bayonet next to the rifle. I don't want it mounted on the rifle.
    Thanks

Does cmp sell sub rack grade parts?

Quote Originally Posted by tmark View Post
    Does cmp sell sub rack grade parts?
    I couldn't find any on their website.

I know you want a junked one and maybe one will come across. I suspect most of us in the past, when these things were plentiful and dirt cheap would have tossed them away that didn't gauge.

Ebay prices are outrageous with "wants" ranging from $150 to $350. Dupage Trading has a complete assm that will gauge for $125. Still, not really what you need for a wall hanger.

You may want to monitor this one and see where it ends ($ wise). Note: It seems to retain most of it's finish.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1052586832

5. Default Gas cylinder

I was going thru my junk pile today and found an old junk cylinder which I had kept for some reason This cylinder has the swivel and an unusable plug. It has no lock or front sight. I will give .it to you if you pay the postage. Let me know if you are interested.

Old Guns

6. Default

Haven't heard anything from Major Tom so I assume he is not interested. Will make the same offer to anyone who is interested.

Old Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guns View Post
    Haven't heard anything from Major Tom so I assume he is not interested. Will make the same offer to anyone who is interested.

Old Guns
    Thanks for posting and offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guns View Post
    I was going thru my junk pile today and found an old junk cylinder which I had kept for some reason This cylinder has the swivel and an unusable plug. It has no lock or front sight. I will give .it to you if you pay the postage. Let me know if you are interested.

Old Guns
    Old Guns: I received the gas cylinder you sent me. It will do just fine. I need to know your address/name to mail you postage (how much is the postage?)

9. Default

Major Tom - I do not know what is going on as I never sent the cylinder to you. It is on my desk in front of me as I type. Perhaps you owe thanks to someone else. If you still need my cylinder, I will be happy to send it to you, but apparently, you do not. Let me know.

Old Guns

"Imagine if you will, a ghostly gas cylinder that will go to anyone who needs it without even submitting an address". Seem absurd? Not here on the Twilight Zone.